• Thanks for stopping by. Logging in to a registered account will remove all generic ads. Please reach out with any questions or concerns.

VAC 1653E??

Canex_Pizza

Inactive
Reaction score
Hi all. New to the forums here.

Just trying to get a bit more clarity regarding this form VAC 1653E
which was sent to me from Veterans Affairs Canada.

In it, VAC is requesting for me to give them consent to obtain Manulife information regarding CAF LTD I received years before when I went back to college after being medically released.

I am confused as to why VAC is requesting for me to give consent for them to contact and obtain the above information from Manulife.
The language in the forms and msg is not clear to me, and I am sort of hesitant in signing the form and sending it to VAC because of this.

VAC mentioned something about verification for amount payable for IRB calculations.
IRB on the form indicates it stands for: Income Replacement Benefits.

^ Which further confused me, because I did not apply for IRB, nor do I even know if I am elegible for it.

And in the form, there is mention that I should mail them the VAC 1653e form in a months time with consent,
to "prevent any interruptions of benefits" What does this mean??

I am so confused with a lot of this, it came out of nowhere, and without easy to understand explainations.

Any help, advice, and personal experiences would be greatly appreciated,
Thanks!!

Hi all. New to the forums here.

Just trying to get a bit more clarity regarding this form VAC 1653E
which was sent to me from Veterans Affairs Canada.

In it, VAC is requesting for me to give them consent to obtain Manulife information regarding CAF LTD I received years before when I went back to college after being medically released.

I am confused as to why VAC is requesting for me to give consent for them to contact and obtain the above information from Manulife.
The language in the forms and msg is not clear to me, and I am sort of hesitant in signing the form and sending it to VAC because of this.

VAC mentioned something about verification for amount payable for IRB calculations.
IRB on the form indicates it stands for: Income Replacement Benefits.

^ Which further confused me, because I did not apply for IRB, nor do I even know if I am elegible for it.

And in the form, there is mention that I should mail them the VAC 1653e form in a months time with consent,
to "prevent any interruptions of benefits" What does this mean??

I am so confused with a lot of this, it came out of nowhere, and without easy to understand explainations.

Any help, advice, and personal experiences would be greatly appreciated,
Thanks!!
Call VAC and talk to a human

Call VAC and talk to a human
Thank you.
Will keep trying to call them. Yesterday was put on hold twice, couldn't get through.

Called them this morning, but wasn't able to get through again.

Hope I can reach someone later today when I get the chance though.

Thank you.
Will keep trying to call them. Yesterday was put on hold twice, couldn't get through.

Called them this morning, but wasn't able to get through again.

Hope I can reach someone later today when I get the chance though.
That’s weird, I’ve never had an issue getting through, usually I’m number 7 or less in the queue. In the unlikely event that is a phishing attempt maybe google their phone number instead of calling a number on a letter you may have received?

Back