• Thanks for stopping by. Logging in to a registered account will remove all generic ads. Please reach out with any questions or concerns.

A Deeply Fractured US

CNN was very much skewed on one side. New management there however is trying to be a bit more centrist in their approach. They’ve either fired, replaced or moved their more biased commentators and they have been toned down somewhat in last little while.
Although I consider myself very slightly left of centre, I still find that CNN’s coverage can be sickeningly biased. If management is making changes, they have a long, long way to go before I would consider them to be truly professional in their broadcast standards.

Oof. I figured Fox lost their journalistic integrity a while ago, but this just proves it. It’s one thing to present the news from a conservative viewpoint; it’s something else to spew dangerous bullshit because it will placate their snowflake viewers.
This is the same channel that whose own lawyers said that "given Mr. Carlson's reputation, any reasonable viewer 'arrive with an appropriate amount of skepticism' about the statement he makes."

Although I consider myself very slightly left of centre, I still find that CNN’s coverage can be sickeningly biased. If management is making changes, they have a long, long way to go before I would consider them to be truly professional in their broadcast standards.
I’m a Michael Smerconish and Fareed Zacharia fan. I find both informative and both their commentary to be pretty even.

I’m a Michael Smerconish and Fareed Zacharia fan. I find both informative and both their commentary to be pretty even.
I've regressed to getting all my political network news exclusively from Stephen Colbert. At least there is no ambiguity as to which way he's leaning.

:giggle:

I've regressed to getting all my political network news exclusively for Stephen Colbert. At least there is no ambiguity as to which way he's leaning.

:giggle:
He might as well be a news program. He is utterly droll in the humour department.

What is the world coming to when media personalities don't believe the bullsh!t conspiracy theories and other lies their network is peddling?

What is the world coming to when media personalities don't believe the bullsh!t conspiracy theories and other lies their network is peddling?
An interesting build on that: If media personalities are shown through documentation to know that they're peddling bullshit, but yet they peddle that bullshit as part of corporate direction, and if that bullshit is found in court to be defamatory, are those media personalities potentially share personal liability for defamation alongside their networks?

I don't know if the dominion lawsuit(s?) names individuals or just corporations, but I think that people putting their names and faces out on behalf of TV networks may need to evaluate how they balance their own due diligence with corporate editorial policy.

I don't know if the dominion lawsuit(s?) names individuals or just corporations, but I think that people putting their names and faces out on behalf of TV networks may need to evaluate how they balance their own due diligence with corporate editorial policy.

Thanks. Looks like the lawsuits against media stick to naming the corporations themselves. Which makes sense; they can get way more damages that way. I didn’t realize Dominion had that website set up as a compendium of all the ongoing legal proceedings. That’ll be fun to occasionally glance at.

Re: Biden

I haven't been a part of many honour guards but why would the reviewers go back once they've gone past?

He looks confused at the staffer who asked him to backtrack across the red carpet, and to be honest I would too.

Re: Biden

I haven't been a part of many honour guards but why would the reviewers go back once they've gone past?

He looks confused at the staffer who asked him to backtrack across the red carpet, and to be honest I would too.

I've watched it a couple times. If it wasn't for all the other clips and instances we see him confused I'd be a little more willing to think you're right.

On one hand I think he's just showing his age.
On the other I think he's being taken advantage of because of his age and pliability.

I've watched it a couple times. If it wasn't for all the other clips and instances we see him confused I'd be a little more willing to think you're right.

On one hand I think he's just showing his age.
On the other I think he's being taken advantage of because of his age and pliability.
I’m no POTUS cheerleader, but he’s clearly able to focus enough on issues at this point.
He flipped Putin the bird in Kyiv, and for me, that gained him a lot of respect and confidence that he’s at least able to deal with this threat.

And while Biden is in Europe trying to promote unity among NATO and prospective NATO members, Marjorie Taylor Greene is pushing for a national divorce (otherwise a civil war if necessary) between red and blue states. I’m sure the trollers in Russia and China are going to lend her their full support.

I’m no POTUS cheerleader, but he’s clearly able to focus enough on issues at this point.
He flipped Putin the bird in Kyiv, and for me, that gained him a lot of respect and confidence that he’s at least able to deal with this threat.
You're right that was a solid move. Biden's administration has given Ukraine $24.9 billion in security assistance, there's no way he can act neutral so it's nice to see him in the spotlight like that.

Biden and Harris are really something.

Biden (sadly) looks like he's overdue for a nursing home and Harris looks like someone who volunteered for a job as a joke and then got picked.
I remember when this happened…

Hard to blame politicians on where they should stand or walk unless they get briefed properly or shown.

I’m sure they aren’t the only ones where similar things may have happened.

Back