• Thanks for stopping by. Logging in to a registered account will remove all generic ads. Please reach out with any questions or concerns.

A Deeply Fractured US

The very real challenges in adequately staffing and resourcing the criminal justice system doesn’t mean giving a total pass to white collar or other non-violent crime.
Yeah. After the feds passed on it, and Bragg passed on it on his first chance to take it up, it just kind of landed on their desks without anyone going out of their way to figure out what could possibly be charged.

And yet the grand jury indicted and the trial jury convicted on 34 felonies, so there you go.
Yes, but stop trying to gaslight people that this had anything to do with giving a pass on something as if it was presented to them like a body in the street needing investigation.

Yes, but stop trying to gaslight people that this had anything to do with giving a pass on something as if it was presented to them like a body in the street needing investigation.

I don’t need to try to convince anyone of anything. The evidence began to emerge out of the Mueller investigation into Michael Cohen, and his later criminal conviction. The state of New York begin investigating, then paused it out of deference to the ultimately concluded federal investigation (the feds, of course, having different priorities and different statutes than the states). New York later resumed, but from there things got stalled for quite some time due to Trump’s presidential immunity while in office, and then by resistance to various subpoenas against the Trump organization. Eventually a new DA picked it up, ran with it, and it ended in conviction.

Nothing here for me to try to sell, spin, or ‘gaslight’ anyone on. I get that you really don’t like what happened or the end result, but I’m just stating the facts. If the recede t set is that those who assume high political office will be scrutinized more closely in their legal affairs, I’m not gonna sit here and thing that’s a bad thing. I don’t care which party a suspect is from.

Sometimes crime is a bad choice.

Just some points that I've been pondering.

How about that Hunter guys gun trial. Any bets on a not guilty verdict? Dad says he won't interfere or pardon, but he's an inveterate teller of falsehoods. Although, maybe he already knows he won't need to. We'll see, probably this week.

DeSantis has already said he will allow Trump to vote in Florida. I don't know if that would be a jurisdictional issue or not.

The polls didn't show a drop after Trump was found guilty, (not convicted) $300+ million and growing, I believe I read it was the most donations in history for a single time frame. Apparently a lot of it was from small $15 - $50 donations from people who had never contributed or voted for Trump before. Silicon Valley appears to be coming over to Trump with a party of 100 wealthy donors giving up another $10 million in one night.
Lots of Democrats showing at rallies to support Trump.

I doubt Biden will be the candidate or even make it to the convention. His appalling showing at the D-Day ceremonies was seen and is being discussed by the world. The political and media knives are coming out like hit men after a bounty. Like jackals, our adversaries can smell death and are watching carefully.

I still think Michelle Obama will come out of the woodwork.

It will likely be cancelled, but I'm really looking forward to the debate in June.

If I had 24/7 Secret Service, I wouldn't much care about a carry permit.

Bragg, James and Willis are all backed by Soros.

Just some points that I've been pondering.

How about that Hunter guys gun trial. Any bets on a not guilty verdict? Dad says he won't interfere or pardon, but he's an inveterate teller of falsehoods. Although, maybe he already knows he won't need to. We'll see, probably this week.
The defense has rested. I don’t know one way or another. All I know is that Hunter is a hot mess.
DeSantis has already said he will allow Trump to vote in Florida. I don't know if that would be a jurisdictional issue or not.
It’s up to each state to decide who can vote I believe. Is it in his authority to let felons vote? I read somewhere that because he was convicted in New York where he would be elegible to vote unless jailed that that would be good enough in Florida where he was not convicted. Not sure though.
The polls didn't show a drop after Trump was found guilty, (not convicted) $300+ million and growing, I believe I read it was the most donations in history for a single time frame. Apparently a lot of it was from small $15 - $50 donations from people who had never contributed or voted for Trump before. Silicon Valley appears to be coming over to Trump with a party of 100 wealthy donors giving up another $10 million in one night.
No doubt. His supporters won’t flinch much. 10 million from 100 wealthy silicon valley types seems small given the money they have. That’s 100k per guest. Guests who are likely billionaires. My guess is they are donating to both sides,
Lots of Democrats showing at rallies to support Trump.
Not sure. Does it offset the GOP types not supporting him?
I doubt Biden will be the candidate or even make it to the convention. His appalling showing at the D-Day ceremonies was seen and is being discussed by the world. The political and media knives are coming out like hit men after a bounty. Like jackals, our adversaries can smell death and are watching carefully.
Haven’t seen much on that. Unless he ends up with some sort of health issue I don’t see how he wouldn’t be at the convention.
I still think Michelle Obama will come out of the woodwork.
I doubt that. Not now at any rate. Would be surprising. I would have thought she’d throw her hat in earlier. Timing is a bit off in my mind.
It will likely be cancelled, but I'm really looking forward to the debate in June.
Possibly.
If I had 24/7 Secret Service, I wouldn't much care about a carry permit.

Bragg, James and Willis are all backed by Soros.

We'll see. Maybe this week. I believe Hunter's troubles are just starting.

On Trump’s voting access.
“Former President Donald Trump hasn’t lost his voting rights in Florida. Rights are not removed in Florida where they haven’t yet been stripped in the convicting jurisdiction,” DeSantis tweeted. “That said, given the absurd nature of the New York prosecution of Trump, this would be an easy case to qualify for restoration of rights per the Florida Clemency Board, which I chair.”

DeSantis added: “The bottom line is that Donald Trump’s vote this November will be one of millions that demonstrate Florida is now a solid Republican state!”

On Silicon Valley.
"Venture capitalists David Sacks and Chamath Palihapitiya, as well as Sacks' wife Jacqueline, held the reception and dinner with Trump at the Sacks' swanky mansion in the Pacific Heights neighborhood, according to an invitation seen by Reuters.
The gathering - where top tickets were $500,000 per couple - was sold out, a source with knowledge of the fundraiser told Reuters. It raised some $12 million, according to Republican National Committeewoman Harmeet Dhillon and another source.
While San Francisco is heavily liberal - Democrat Joe Biden won 85% of the city's vote in the 2020 election against then-President Trump - a growing number of high-profile local venture capitalists and crypto investors have thrown their support behind Trump ahead of his November rematch against Biden."

On Trump support.
Even previous detractors, like Mitch McConnel, have thrown their support behind him. I don't think he'll lose much support over the guilty verdict. It seems to be having the opposite effect. $300+ million in a week is pretty convincing.

On Biden
Call it a gut feeling. If you pay attention to his physical and mental decline in even the last six months, he's toast. Do you seriously think they want to give him the WH again when he'll be lucky to make it to the inauguration? That would give Harris almost a full term. Her polling numbers are worse than his. Somewhere on the level of whale shit. They're trying to cover his thorozine shuffle by surrounding him with staff, the WH is making published corrections to almost every speech or statement he makes. sometimes multiple corrections for the same speech. His ratings dropped to an all time low after his SOTU address. I don't know for sure, but if you read the media tea leaves, it smells like a palace coup coming. We'll have to wait and see.

On M Obama.
Oh, it's not guaranteed, there are plenty of contenders. However, they need to make an immediate splash. Between the convention and Nov 5, there is no time for the country to get to know a new candidate. They need immediate national recognition and support. It's a long shot, I'll grant, but not beyond the scope of possibility. People know they will get Barack's policies and guidance, with Michelle as the surrogate POTUS.

On Debate
I don't want it cancelled. I really want it to come off. Even if CNN is regulating it. If they are truly trying to get rid of Biden, this is the perfect time to show him to the public. He seems capable of regurgitating points he's been coached on or read off a teleprompter, but I don't think he has the capability to go toe to toe in a debate, where he needs to mentally process and counter opposition coherently.

WRT Florida Voting Laws:
A person who has been convicted of a felony is not eligible to vote in Florida unless they have had their right to vote restored after completing their entire sentence. This includes incarceration, parole and/or probation, and payment of all fines, fees, costs, and restitution. Once their right to vote has been restored, they can register to vote. Note: This does not apply to those convicted of murder or a sexual offense. Pretrial detention and misdemeanors do not restrict your voting rights.

WRT Florida Voting Laws:
A person who has been convicted of a felony is not eligible to vote in Florida unless they have had their right to vote restored after completing their entire sentence. This includes incarceration, parole and/or probation, and payment of all fines, fees, costs, and restitution. Once their right to vote has been restored, they can register to vote. Note: This does not apply to those convicted of murder or a sexual offense. Pretrial detention and misdemeanors do not restrict your voting rights.
Not arguing it. Just posting what DeSantis said. November is a long way away.

We'll see. Maybe this week. I believe Hunter's troubles are just starting.

I just love how the same people who are decrying "lawfare" are the same ones throwing all their resources at finding dirt on Hunter Biden.

On Biden
Call it a gut feeling. If you pay attention to his physical and mental decline in even the last six months, he's toast. Do you seriously think they want to give him the WH again when he'll be lucky to make it to the inauguration? That would give Harris almost a full term. Her polling numbers are worse than his. Somewhere on the level of whale shit. They're trying to cover his thorozine shuffle by surrounding him with staff, the WH is making published corrections to almost every speech or statement he makes. sometimes multiple corrections for the same speech. His ratings dropped to an all time low after his SOTU address. I don't know for sure, but if you read the media tea leaves, it smells like a palace coup coming. We'll have to wait and see.

Yea I just don't see how the "powers behind the curtains" thought a 2nd Biden term was a good idea. The best possible reason I've heard was that, put simply, Biden beat Trump, so why would you change that out?

On Debate
I don't want it cancelled. I really want it to come off. Even if CNN is regulating it. If they are truly trying to get rid of Biden, this is the perfect time to show him to the public. He seems capable of regurgitating points he's been coached on or read off a teleprompter, but I don't think he has the capability to go toe to toe in a debate, where he needs to mentally process and counter opposition coherently.
I think you will be surprised. Correct me from if I'm wrong, but I'm willing to bet you get most of your news from sites that are not left-leaning, and I am certain that the algorithms on whatever social media platforms you are using are feeding your mostly anti-biden material. What this means is that you are seeing far far more of the bad, and very little of the good. Biden certainly isn't in top form, and he's definitely having more and more gaffs, but he still has a lot of the old Biden in him, and he can swing with the best of them if needed. Just look at the SOTU where he, off the cuff, got the Republicans to agree not to claw back medicare. So, while I'm certain the debate will be full of bits and bites where you could say "look at him, he's barely with it", I'm equally certain it will be full of bit and bites where you could say "holy shit, he just bullied Trump" (and vice versa... but mostly the first...).

I just love how the same people who are decrying "lawfare" are the same ones throwing all their resources at finding dirt on Hunter Biden.
It wasn't that hard to find dirt. The firearm and the tax evasion are pretty vanilla charges. I've noticed that the "no-one is above the law crowd" isn't too fussed that the DOJ team managed to run out the clock on some things and almost managed to wrap everything up with a sweet deal.

Yea I love videos from Trump supporters on social media that basically go "You're all hypocrites. You were okay with Clinton having sex in the oval office, etc..." and all the responses: "Um, no we aren't?". It the same with the documents case. Tons of people saying in defence on Trump, "Yea well, Biden just got found with...". Yea! Throw him in jail too!

Yea I love videos from Trump supporters on social media that basically go "You're all hypocrites. You were okay with Clinton having sex in the oval office, etc..." and all the responses: "Um, no we aren't?". It the same with the documents case. Tons of people saying in defence on Trump, "Yea well, Biden just got found with...". Yea! Throw him in jail too!
Biden was deemed to be too mentally deficient for a prosecution to succeed. Better he just stay as president.

I don't think that's quite what was said...

IIRC the investigator or prosecutor said that it would be easy for him to gain the jury's sympathy as an old man who made an honest mistake.
Yeah. "Goofy old Joe!" I wonder if he'll work that one into his never-ending onion belt reminiscences of things that never happened. I suppose if he ever has to address an audience of people who have been roughly treated by the law he can tell them his story of how he feels their pain.

Yeah. "Goofy old Joe!" I wonder if he'll work that one into his never-ending onion belt reminiscences of things that never happened. I suppose if he ever has to address an audience of people who have been roughly treated by the law he can tell them his story of how he feels their pain.

It won't be his address, he'll just plagiarize someone again.

Again there is a big difference between the two cases of improperly retaining classified material. While I would have liked to see POTUS charged as well, the circumstances in that case as well as the type of information was remarkably different that what DJT did.

Back