• Thanks for stopping by. Logging in to a registered account will remove all generic ads. Please reach out with any questions or concerns.

A Deeply Fractured US

Say where is Hillary in all this.......

Hillary Clinton GIF

Growing older and anticipating four more years waking up every morning knowing Donald Trump is president, and she is not.
I listened to a podcast episode where the guest mentioned that Teddy Roosevelt got shot, continued to finish his speech, but still lost that election. About 40% of presidents and candidates had an assassination attempt publicly known against them - the 43 years between the attempt on Reagan and last Saturday was the longest stretch of (publicly known) attempts in the history of the US.

That same guest also noted that in US elections, historically the swing voters didn’t really start to decide until a few months away from the date. “The election is decided on events after Labor Day”, or words to that effect.

85-90% of the country is decided already for “their team” and won’t budge. I’ll suggest that there are a few more weeks for events to happen before the undecided voters really start paying close attention - not everyone follows the election and issues as closely as we do here.

Edit to add: the latest RNC fashion trend

Last edited:
That same guest also noted that in US elections, historically the swing voters didn’t really start to decide until a few months away from the date. “The election is decided on events after Labor Day”, or words to that effect.

85-90% of the country is decided already for “their team” and won’t budge. I’ll suggest that there are a few more weeks for events to happen before the undecided voters really start paying close attention - not everyone follows the election and issues as closely as we do here.
Yes. Surely it's clear I was joking?

Not sure how Biden's next four months of aging will improve his appeal to voters, though. Also not sure what Harris can do to change her character and presentation. Perhaps Trump/Vance will alienate some voters. As things stand, some Democrats think Biden is also going to drag down their House and Senate performance.

Growing older and anticipating four more years waking up every morning knowing Donald Trump is president, and she is not.
Well if her time had been on the ball*, she would have been the first female President of US and just finishing her second term!

* A 100,000 votes in three states! That's all it would have taken.

Honestly from what I have seen of President Biden in clips (I don't watch much news and never watch debates) he should be gently retired.
As for The Donald.....

Honestly from what I have seen of President Biden in clips (I don't watch much news and never watch debates) he should be gently retired.
As for The Donald.....
I saw a post today that was a strait "whataboutism". I don't remember what it was exactly but it was basically saying "dems say this about Trump, but what about Biden doing 'x'?!". And all I could think of was, "Yea, toss them both ffs."

Back