• Thanks for stopping by. Logging in to a registered account will remove all generic ads. Please reach out with any questions or concerns.

A Deeply Fractured US

This should be our response:

"That's American internal politics and I wont provide public comment on that. But we in Canada support the woman's right to choose and see no reason to rehash that debate here."

This should be our response:

"That's American internal politics and I wont provide public comment on that. But we in Canada support the woman's right to choose and see no reason to rehash that debate here."
Actually, Trudeau wants the ‘debate’ rehashed, because it serves his divide and pit Canadians against each other style, because he knows that the divisive journey will land back at the status quo, but cost his enemies.

His handlers aren’t dumb, you know.

Actually, Trudeau wants the ‘debate’ rehashed, because it serves his divide and pit Canadians against each other style, because he knows that the divisive journey will land back at the status quo, but cost his enemies.

Gerald Butts was all over Twitter projecting at everyone over the past couple of days 😉

The Biden government has already said it will fight any attempt by states to interfer with pharmaceuticals and technically Plan B is not an abortifacient it does not work after implantation
Hard to see a wholesale ban on abortion not being a violation of due process, whether this SC would see it that way or not?
Late term third trimester abortions are almost exclusively medical emergencies to save the womans life if these were banned and instead of 1000 abortions you have 1000 dead women. That to me would be a problem for the medical community. I sure wouldn't want to be a OB/GYN or pay their insurance in those situations

This Miller

or this Miller
1939 US v. Miller, the first link - there are better versions than the Wiki for actual relevance IMHO. But the ruling on the NFA is absolutely rotten to the core based on the government’s argument

The US does provide a lot of things for the LPC to use lol

I think the lesson in all this is this: the less the government is involved in your personal business the better.

How is his response "glib" (per Oxford; "fluent and voluble but insincere and shallow.")? I don't accept that the US Framers were selfless statesmen; highly educated and steeped in classical history, while ours were merely self-interested, power hungry political hacks. Perhaps the imbalance lay in the fact that we only know about the US Framers through history, while many of us have first hand memory of the players and processes involved in our patriation. All nations, peoples and generations create myths. The US are some of the best at it.
There's almost 100 years between our first 'Constitution' (1867, BNA) and the one in the US (1776). The US had already fought it's own civil war by the time Canada was celebrating our first birthday. Then in 1982, we produced our first made in Canada, for Canadians, Constitution incl the Charter of Rights and Freedoms and Canadians lost out. It was at this point that Trudeau pere removed our Property Rights at the behest of the NDP. Pictures of the US framers, show well dressed gentlemen in earnest discussion. Our talks in 1982 were an all out donnybrook brawl. (Not a great comparison but it'll suit for this narrative.)

The US Constitution has served them well, with minor amendments, for 246 years. Their 'Great Experiment' continues. Our own Constitution? 40 years old and not working. If Canada and our own, made in Canada Constitution, survives the next 206 years, like the US, you might have an argument.

We've got some pretty good myths about ourselves. Rocks, glass houses, that sort of thing.
Saw this about that,

Not pointed at you MM. Simply a reiteration of my opinion on polls. I know it sucks and I know we've discussed it a lot. So no need to rehash.

However, given the flagrant burying of any story damaging to biden, I don't believe we should be putting stock in polls conducted by or for the MSM. Don't forget, polls will show whatever the guy paying for it wants.

Beauty in the eye of the beholder, I’m much happier here with our issues, than I was in Canada with its issues.
I actually looked up the Green Card lottery. Canadians can't apply.:cry:

I can be in either country in about 15 minutes, I could maintain two residences, but there are definite advantages to having status in the States. In my position anyway. The grass is always greener on the other side of the fence, but I could own both properties!:D

Here is what I think is going to happen:

1. Everyone is going to continue to have some social media blowups over the next few days/weeks. Loudly declaring they are launching the equivalent of the Intifada over this. Then.....

2. It will die off, 90% of the people will stop because the issue doesn't directly affect them and it turns out, they were just projecting.

3. Special Interest groups will continue to protest and you or I will read an article once in a blue moon about it but much like the Freedom Convoy Folks, nobody will care anymore.

4. Pro-Abortion States will still give abortions and Anti-Abortion States will ban the practice. Life will go on.

Here is what I think is going to happen:

1. Everyone is going to continue to have some social media blowups over the next few days/weeks. Loudly declaring they are launching the equivalent of the Intifada over this. Then.....

2. It will die off, 90% of the people will stop because the issue doesn't directly affect them and it turns out, they were just projecting.

3. Special Interest groups will continue to protest and you or I will read an article once in a blue moon about it but much like the Freedom Convoy Folks, nobody will care anymore.

4. Pro-Abortion States will still give abortions and Anti-Abortion States will ban the practice. Life will go on.
The proverbial Fart in a Wind Storm

The dems will try keep it going. They think they've found the answer to the ass whooping they are going to get in Nov. If they find they are losing the narrative, they will cry havoc and release the dogs of ANTIFA and BLM

Beauty in the eye of the beholder, I’m much happier here with our issues, than I was in Canada with its issues.

Politics aside, I always wanted to retire to Arizona. Because I think it's the most beautiful place I've ever seen.
That, and the fact that I have never handled Canadian winters particularly well.

My wife is a U.S. citizen, but she says no dice. One lesson I learned from my first marriage was if our views are different, hers are correct. :)

So much "when / where does life begin" stuff on the forum lately, reminds me my mother has always told me I was conceived in Alabama on their honeymoon. But, that's not going to get me a Green Card.

5. The people who want stringent restrictions are going to find out that all-points enforcement is much more unpleasant and self-degrading than they anticipated. I suppose laws might be drafted/re-drafted to aim at providers.

Another thing to add to the growing divide

An excellent illustration of why the divide grows. There is no battle too small to be considered unnecessary by zealots.

I wonder what Chief Justice Thomas will do when when the decision
Politics aside, I always wanted to retire to Arizona. Because I think it's the most beautiful place I've ever seen.
That, and the fact that I have never handled Canadian winters particularly well.

My wife is a U.S. citizen, but she says no dice. One lesson I learned from my first marriage was if our views are different, hers are correct. :)

So much "when / where does life begin" stuff on the forum lately, reminds me my mother has always told me I was conceived in Alabama on their honeymoon. But, that's not going to get me a Green Card.
As far as that Green Card thing you want to apply now.
Under the Supreme Court's new ownership you may very well qualify for both that and a Alabama driver's license..

Or, if you prefer, if you fear becoming pregnant from rape, carry a gun. Kill the rapist, not the baby.

I'm a fan of the Old West. Used to be a "Lady Derringer".

Looks like there still is.

Each gun is made from highly polished maintenance free stainless steel and is fitted with synthetic ivory grips. The barrel length is 3 inches, overall length is 4.8 inches and the weight is 15.5 oz. Each pistol is packed in a French Fitted Leatherette Display Case. The pistol is stocked in .38 Special and .32 Magnum (will also shoot .32 S&W Long.) These calibers were selected because they are easy to shoot and still have reasonable stopping power. The gun is also available in .22LR, .22 Rimfire Magnum, .357 Magnum and .45 Colt. The grips feature scrimshaw work to make this pistol the perfect gift for that special someone, or for yourself. The Lady Derringer is a single action pistol with automatic barrel selection and a manually operated hammer block safety that disengages when the hammer is cocked. The pistol holds two rounds. Special calibers are available on request.

Another thing to add to the growing divide

This may have been a better alternative,
rebuffed their offers for him to use private locations in the school as an alternative.

Back