• Thanks for stopping by. Logging in to a registered account will remove all generic ads. Please reach out with any questions or concerns.

A Deeply Fractured US

I propose a large number US police and other emergency services and military will not be on the side of the Federal Gov.
You think that many? Any President, Team Donkey or Team Elephant, draw some "they're not my Prez," but you think it'll be significant?

Also, if that happens, should we prepare for those who like who's in the White House to say, "sedition, disloyal f$%^&*ks, etc." and those who don't like who's in the White House to say, "oath to uphold the constitution, not any specific president, etc."?

You think that many? Any President, Team Donkey or Team Elephant, draw some "they're not my Prez," but you think it'll be significant?

Also, if that happens, should we prepare for those who like who's in the White House to say, "sedition, disloyal f$%^&*ks, etc." and those who don't like who's in the White House to say, "oath to uphold the constitution, not any specific president, etc."?

I do think its a large amount.

As for what each side will scream at or about each other, who knows.

Any President, Team Donkey or Team Elephant, draw some "they're not my Prez," but you think it'll be significant?

The only real sure thing is that emergency services come when you pull the handle on that red box, or dial 9-1-1.

Regardless of party politics.

Their unions fight their "battles" with City Hall.

The only real sure thing is that emergency services come when you pull the handle on that red box, or dial 9-1-1.

Their unions do "battle" with City Hall.
Not always......https://kitchener.ctvnews.ca/code-red-issued-in-guelph-as-no-ambulances-available-1.6035843

Their unions fight their "battles" with City Hall.
That was actually one issue with the Freedom Convoy; their rolling blockades were messing up ambulance routes and sometimes the idiots were flooding 9-1-1.

I actually had to call for an ambulance during that and EMT told me they were working the city in sections, basically split up by the convoy idiots, so when one section exceeded capacity they had a hard time getting through from another area.

We already have that. Plenty of opinion columns have poked fun at the "dissent is patriotic/treasonous" toggle that flips in much of the media whenever the party of the administration changes.

"Shooting at public servants" is the "11" setting on a dial that has been turning that way since people started making protest personal. "It's part of the process" is a slippery slope someone with a pulpit should have made an effort to climb back up.

The irony of TDS and those how despise him so much is that since he left office the US established media had crumbled. CNNs viewership numbers and profits have plummeted. Meanwhile alternate media (Podcasts) has exploded. People seem to really like long form media, and I think people, on the whole political spectrum, are very suspicious of our legacy outlets.

The irony of TDS and those how despise him so much is that since he left office the US established media had crumbled. CNNs viewership numbers and profits have plummeted. Meanwhile alternate media (Podcasts) has exploded. People seem to really like long form media, and I think people, on the whole political spectrum, are very suspicious of our legacy outlets.

Similarly with Poilievre being scary?

Harper was scary.
Manning was screechy.
Day was a fundamentalist with a waterjet up his backside.
Stanfield was a klutz who couldn't catch a football.
Diefenbaker was a country bumpkin.

Ad hominems are the stock in trade of the political industry.

Scheer and O'Toole were sidelined with the same tactics.

I sincerely doubt that there is a cause and effect there. It is much more likely that this is an ongoing continuation of the growth of alternate communications delivery channels. People are generally cutting away from cable systems and migrating to internet delivered media, including news, channels.

Ironic that this is a CNN article, isn't it? 😉

Incidentally. Do you know that TDS also stands for Trump Denial Syndrome?

🍻

CNN has posted less viewership than the Hallmark Channel.

I don't know a single soul that watches the Hallmark Channel.

"In fact, data about election night last week — which included races like the Virginia and New Jersey gubernatorial contests as well as the New York City mayoral race on November 2 — underscores just how wide the chasm has gotten between Fox and the competition. Figures from Nielsen MRI Fusion show that more prime time viewers were actually checking out The Hallmark Channel instead of watching CNN. The History Channel’s ratings bested CNN’s on election night, as well."

I sincerely doubt that there is a cause and effect there. It is much more likely that this is an ongoing continuation of the growth of alternate communications delivery channels. People are generally cutting away from cable systems and migrating to internet delivered media, including news, channels.

Ironic that this is a CNN article, isn't it? 😉

Incidentally. Do you know that TDS also stands for Trump Denial Syndrome?

🍻

I think you can trace CNNs plummet to the fact they don't have Trump to bang on about 24/7.

That and they have been found, numerous times, to be as dubious with facts as old #45.

If you ask me CNN wants Trump back. It makes them relevant and viable again.

CNN has posted less viewership than the Hallmark Channel.

I don't know a single soul that watches the Hallmark Channel.

"In fact, data about election night last week — which included races like the Virginia and New Jersey gubernatorial contests as well as the New York City mayoral race on November 2 — underscores just how wide the chasm has gotten between Fox and the competition. Figures from Nielsen MRI Fusion show that more prime time viewers were actually checking out The Hallmark Channel instead of watching CNN. The History Channel’s ratings bested CNN’s on election night, as well."

My wife. My wife is single handedly keeping the Hallmark Channel in operation.

I think you can trace CNNs plummet to the fact they don't have Trump to bang on about 24/7.

That and they have been found, numerous times, to be as dubious with facts as old #45.

If you ask me CNN wants Trump back. It makes them relevant and viable again.

My wife. My wife is single handedly keeping the Hallmark Channel in operation.
HGTV here - I detest that channel. Sorry for the sidetrack I will show myself out....

Lots of ink has been spilled commenting on how CNN and MSNBC booked a lot of revenue with their "all Trump, all the time" strategy and how that deflated quickly after his defeat.

Perversely, some media would like to pump Trump up to generate click bait, and some Democrats would like to pump Trump up to run against him irrespective of whatever a particular election is really about. There is a risk that pumping Trump up returns him to office; no guesses who they will blame and who they won't blame if that happens.

Lots of ink has been spilled commenting on how CNN and MSNBC booked a lot of revenue with their "all Trump, all the time" strategy and how that deflated quickly after his defeat.

Perversely, some media would like to pump Trump up to generate click bait, and some Democrats would like to pump Trump up to run against him irrespective of whatever a particular election is really about. There is a risk that pumping Trump up returns him to office; no guesses who they will blame and who they won't blame if that happens.

The Dems put him in office last time. And they will do it again if they aren't careful.

Trump’s Document Stash update: the magistrate judge yesterday accepted DOJ’s proposed redactions to the search warrant affidavit. Absent a succesful last minute appeal by one party or another, by noon today a redacted version of the grounds to get the search warrant should be released. We can expect substantial blacked out sections, but some aspects of the investigation may still be gleaned.

Back