• Thanks for stopping by. Logging in to a registered account will remove all generic ads. Please reach out with any questions or concerns.

A Friendly Letter to Bell ExpressVu

Devlin

Inactive
Reaction score
A short note I sent to Bell ExpressVu tonight, anyone think I am out of line?

Today I had one of your installers at my house to install a new dish for me. The installer left a huge mess in my backyard leaving a tube of silicone (which I found my dog chewing on), left his tools all over my deck after he had left, as well he left the packaging styrofoam and cardboard box in my backyard.

This evening at 9:30pm (after my kids had gone too bed) your technician came back knocking on my door at first and then ringing the door bell twice (waking up both kids) looking for his tools.

Too say I am extremely disappointed would be an understatement. I expect some sort of compensation for this series of events.

Awaiting your response.

Should have said you knew nothing about the tools and told him to leave or you were calling the police.

Get tough with them, tell them to come and uninstall the dish, and that you are going to (insert cable company here).

If your cable company is Rogers then you are in business, if you threaten to leave BEV for Shaw they will probably laugh at you.

Either way you are owed something, and don't give up until you hear something back.

Thanks just wanted to make sure I wasn't making a mountain out of a mole hill. Should be interesting to see what their response is, I will drop them like a wet blanket and go with Rogers (should have in the first place)....Stay tuned...no pun intended :threat:

Go over to their local office.  Make a mess.  Cut some wood up, leave stuff all over the place.  Have your dog leave them a "treat".  Go to the Manager's house at 2130 and ring the doorbell and wake his/her kids up.

;D

Mud Recce Man said:
Go over to their local office.  Make a mess.  Cut some wood up, leave stuff all over the place.  Have your dog leave them a "treat".  Go to the Manager's house at 2130 and ring the doorbell and wake his/her kids up.
Give this man a cookie, I like the cut of his jib.

Mud Recce Man said:

;D

MUD, you always know exactly what to do, you should start up a column, like a ask MUD kind of deal, you know how many people would right to you, I would ;D

Most likely reply:

We are sorry to hear you had problems.  Unfortunately, I am a complaint department reply-bot that didn't actually read your complaint. 

If your complaint is regarding the picture quality, please buy a new TV set, as your old one is inferior and not compatible with the high-tech coaxial cable we use.  If that does not solve your problem, then it is likely a temporary disturbance due to low flying aircraft, smog, sunspots, or some other thing we can not presumably control, and if you wait long enough the picture will improve, or you'll get used to it and leave us alone.

If you are complaining about your bill, remember, like cellular phone plans, we cannot predict the useage of your plan, nor the government legislated fees (taxes).  The price you were quoted was just a BASE price, the rest is beyond our control. 

Also, if you are aware that none of those "taxes" are actually legislated, and complain everyday for 90 days straight, we will knock them off your bill, but you won't be compensated for a single payment you've already made, nor will we permit you to miss one of those 90 days.

If you have a complaint about your installation, please contact your technician's immediate supervisor.  Your technician would have provided you that information had you thought to ask for it.  When you finally get a hold of the supervisor please be sure you have the following information:
  • Date and time of installation - we need this so the technician can make up an alibi and we can deny your claim
  • Technician's full name (first, middle, last), DOB, BEV Employee ID number, and the serial number of one piece of the technician's government issued ID (ie: Driver's License, Birth Certificate, SIN, etc)
  • Phase of the moon during installation - if our technician has been recently bitten by a strange dog, this may offer some explanation and eliminate any responsibility on our part.
  • The purchase receipt for your OHSA-approved harness, ropes, and any other PPE that you provided the technician.  As you will note in your service contract, during the time of the installation he was temporarily contracted out to you during installation, and you must ensure his workplace (your roof) is safe.  If basic OHSA guidelines were not met, we are legally obligated to report the occurrence, and you may face up to $250,000 in fines and 10 years in jail.

Please note that I have included no other contact information for BEV.  All further complaints should be sent to the reply-bot, and you will continually receive this reply.  Please take the hint quickly, as the repeated useage of the reply-bot slows down our system and degrades the signal for many of our satisfied customers.

I really hope you actually get a useful reply, but I've been burned by too many "Customer Service" people to think optimistically any more.

tlm.

tlm said:
Most likely reply:
I really hope you actually get a useful reply, but I've been burned by too many "Customer Service" people to think optimistically any more.
tlm.

The scary thing is....it probably is not that far out

I would have outlined what was expected in the way of compensation; that part of the letter seemed weak to me, because it is so vague. I can't see the company feeling they owe you anything compensatory if you didn't lose anything tangible.  Basically, what do you expect to get? You need to say that up front.  For example "Your workman knocked the bird feeder in the backyard down and it is damaged beyond repair; attached find a copy of the receipt for 19.95 from Canadian Tire for a replacement."  In your case, you don't have any expectation of financial recompense. You could charge for your time, I suppose - say 10 minutes labour at the going rate to clean up a box and some wrapping. Is there a fee for garbage collection in your area? You need to state all this in your letter.

I'd settle for an apology. Otherwise, it was brief and to the point, well-stated.

Sub_Guy said:
Either way you are owed something...

No, he isn't.

I wouldn't take most of the advice here; best advice is to forget about it. The dog could have been made seriously ill, but the expense of cleaning up a box, some wrapping, and some tools was negligible. They acted incorrectly and owe an apology, but that is it.

Should have said you knew nothing about the tools and told him to leave or you were calling the police.

I wouldn't suggest 'getting even', either, though I am sure that advice was given in jest. Two wrongs don't make a right. Stealing their tools is theft. Messing up their place of business is vandalism.

In all honesty, I think you are making a mountain out of a molehill - not that I am defending their poor business practice or the safety of your pet, but you don't honestly stand to gain anything. Cancelling the service will just serve to cut your nose off to spite your face. It's your call.

The letter wasn't badly written, though, with the exception of the last sentence....you definitely deserve an apology. Like BBJ says, you won't get anything else.

Sub_Guy said:
If your cable company is Rogers then you are in business, if you threaten to leave BEV for Shaw they will probably laugh at you.

The last time I was having a friendly dispute with a Bell "customer care rep" who was trying to provide me an "excellent service"  - I was told that portions of Rogers and Bell would be merging in the next while for items such as wireless internet and some satelite services.....

... all I want is something OTHER than dial up that won't cost $100 a month.... damn country living.... lol

muffin

"country living"

There are Satelite Providers who provide Internet to rural areas not serviced by Cable or Telephone DSL.

Yes there are - and they want $700+ to install the equipment (which you are not allowed to install yourself) .... this is a big investment when you don't know how long you will live in one place.

Thank goodness I have T3 at work - or I  just might die  :blotto:

Thanks gang,

I'll take what I can get from them even if it is just an apology. I know their installers get paid by the job so the guy is likely running from job to job all day to put food on the table etc...

I really don't expect much from them if my past experiences with Bell hold true having dealt with them on both a corporate and home user level.

Canadian.Trucker said:
Give this man a cookie, I like the cut of his jib.

Well, an "eye for an eye" isn't it????

A taste of your own medicine?

Alittle bit of payback?

:D

ReadyandWilling said:
MUD, you always know exactly what to do, you should start up a column, like a ask MUD kind of deal, you know how many people would right to you, I would ;D

Umm, well my advice is sometimes not so good.  I do like the (pay me to do it!) column deal (i will work cheap!)  though...maybe it would be my way of (tax free if possible!) giving something back to my fellow (under the table is best!) country...

Heh, just thought this may be relevent in some way....
http://www.spikedhumor.com/articles/37370/Trying_to_Cancel_an_AOL_Account.html

I would at least hope they will give you some compensation in the way of free service for a period of time etc.

Mud Recce Man said:

;D

Mud RECCE Man has done much worse than this to people. Trust me I know. He can be a hateful man.  ;D

Back