• Thanks for stopping by. Logging in to a registered account will remove all generic ads. Please reach out with any questions or concerns.

A Little Known Fact - Alcohol is A Carcinogen!

Hot Lips

Inactive
Reaction score
http://www.lef.org/magazine/mag2005/nov2005_report_alcohol_01.htm

There have been a few posts regarding smoking issues and how terrible it is and that it causes Cancer...well here is an article that illustrates the possible negative effects of alcohol consumption...just an FYI

Coffee anyone...

HL

Sure, smoking causes cancer.  What of obesity and the dangers of that?  I mean, really.  That poor poor lady in Ontario died of cancer, yet never smoked.  But, she was a barmaid (or whatever the PC du jour term is), but did second hand smoke cause her death?    Stats are a tool.  I KNOW that smoking isn't exactly the most healthy activity out there, but neither is promiscuity, and where's the hubbub about that?

Sorry,but EVERYTHING is cancerous these days.  I'm sick to death of the "Nanny State" (with thanks to A_Majoor for that phrase) trying to tell me how to live my life because I just may waste it.

Like I said vonGarvin just an FYI...

Oh here is a link regarding obesity and cancer FYI

http://www.cancer.gov/newscenter/obesity1

HL

Smoking is bad, drinking is bad,junk food is bad, I'm just gonna live in a hole with my tin foil hat on. >:D

Actually Camo IMO...everything in moderation...it is the excessive use/abuse that anyone need worry about

Combat negatives with positives...ie. eat a donut...make sure you add a little exercise somewhere...all just a balance

HL

camochick said:
Smoking is bad, drinking is bad,junk food is bad, I'm just gonna live in a hole with my tin foil hat on. >:D
Tin foil hats are bad

/ducking/

Hot Lips said:
Actually Camo IMO...everything in moderation...it is the excessive use/abuse that anyone need worry about

Combat negatives with positives...ie. eat a donut...make sure you add a little exercise somewhere...all just a balance

HL
Hi there HL
Here's the quote of the day from that site:
"Sedentary lifestyle--Researchers have found a strong correlation between lack of physical activity and obesity"
You mean people may be responsible for their own actions?  *shudder*

:)

I'll remember that when I'm at my buddies place consuming mass amounts of Alexander Keith's for the game ;D.GO OILERS GO!

Die happy eariler in life?  Or live a long life, but be a grumpy old coot because you quit smoking, drinking, eating red meat etc etc etc.  Yes, I know, everything in moderation.  But it seems that everytime we turn around they are saying something that WAS bad for you is now good for you and vice versa.  Next thing you know they'll be saying that you shouldn't have sex with sailors anymore.  ;)

navymich said:
Next thing you know they'll be saying that you shouldn't have sex with sailors anymore.  ;)
Funny, I don't remember "them" ever saying that we SHOULD be having sex with sailors!

;D

navymich said:
Die happy eariler in life?  Or live a long life, but be a grumpy old coot because you quit smoking, drinking, eating red meat etc etc etc.  Yes, I know, everything in moderation.  But it seems that everytime we turn around they are saying something that WAS bad for you is now good for you and vice versa.  Next thing you know they'll be saying that you shouldn't have sex with sailors anymore.  ;)
LMAO I thought they already did... ;D

HL

vonGarvin said:
Funny, I don't remember "them" ever saying that we SHOULD be having sex with sailors!

Von G, I'll make sure to send you the memo before they change the ruling.  ;D  I'll get the memo out to you too HL.

Oh Good Lord: now we're SUPPOSED to have sex with sailors?  Only if my wife joins the navy, then I'll be "doing my duty"  :salute:

Well hot lips right now im havin a drink,so cheers to your post.Some peaple say whiskey is the water of life,we all should enjoy are vices once in a while.So if ya don't mind i'll have another,in moderation of course.lol ;)

navymich said:
Die happy eariler in life?  Or live a long life, but be a grumpy old coot because you quit smoking, drinking, eating red meat etc etc etc. 

agreed.

I thought alcohol was an anti-oxidant.
On the other hand, you could say that (taken properly) alcohol increases happiness, which counters stress, and low stress equals better health.

And if I'm wrong you could always go for 'quality of life over quantity.' :skull:

Back