• Thanks for stopping by. Logging in to a registered account will remove all generic ads. Please reach out with any questions or concerns.

A new Avro Arrow (or Super Arrow) instead of the F-35 (Merged thread)

George Wallace said:
Slung beneath a Black Helicopter.

If you mean a Blackhawk, why not revive this design?  ;D

Leonardo_da_Vinci_helicopter.jpg

How long before someone suggests bringing back the Airborne regiment armed with FNs to safeguard the airports with the arrow's?

ObedientiaZelum said:
How long before someone suggests bringing back the Airborne regiment armed with FNs to safeguard the airports with the arrow's?
Screw bringing back the FN when we can arm them with some Ross Rifles as all that seems to matter to the NDP is if it is a Canadian solution (I know there a British design)  ::)

SupersonicMax said:
How about you trust the opinion of pretty much every fighter pilot in Canada?

Oh my,....................just waaaaaaaaaay too many punch lines to know where to begin. :D

SupersonicMax said:
How about you trust the opinion of pretty much every fighter pilot in Canada?

Like all the ladies at the bars do?  ;D

Note to self: "Say 'professional assessment' instead of 'opinion'...it likely will sound much more...well...professional."

For those who are not current CF188 pilots or F-35 test pilots or project engineers, but who would like to know what some of the "5th Generation Fighter" capabilities are that makes the F35 fleet of aircraft so capable, do a quick search of "distributed aperture system" or "JSF DAS".  The overall theme is an expansive "system of systems" that includes sensors, weapons...oh, and a few pilots here and there...that all act together to provide greater levels of situational and tactical awareness as well as the ability to do something about it.

Regards
G2G

Good2Golf said:
Note to self: "Say 'professional assessment' instead of 'opinion'...it likely will sound much more...well...professional."

Opinion of a professional, professional assessment. Same thing expressed differently. I'm not one that cares about small technicalities that make no difference... In the end, it is still my informed opinion on the matter. I am not really a man of word, rather a man of action.

Good2Golf said:
For those who are not current CF188 pilots or F-35 test pilots or project engineers, but who would like to know what some of the "5th Generation Fighter" capabilities are that makes the F35 fleet of aircraft so capable, do a quick search of "distributed aperture system" or "JSF DAS".  The overall theme is an expansive "system of systems" that includes sensors, weapons...oh, and a few pilots here and there...that all act together to provide greater levels of situational and tactical awareness as well as the ability to do something about it.

DAS is one thing... There are way more coming up  as well.

Did someone hear a toilet flush? Or was this said like the dude that doesn't always drink beer, but when he does he drinks Dos Equis?

SupersonicMax said:
Opinion of a professional, professional assessment. Same thing expressed differently. I'm not one that cares about small technicalities that make no difference... In the end, it is still my informed opinion on the matter. I am not really a man of word, rather a man of action.

Holy fuck, Goose, get over yourself and go watch a few Old Spice commercials or something.

Scott said:
Did someone hear a toilet flush? Or was this said like the dude that doesn't always drink beer, but when he does he drinks Dos Equis?

Holy frig, Goose, get over yourself and go watch a few Old Spice commercials or something.

I guess you missed the sarcasm...

SupersonicMax said:
I guess you missed the sarcasm...

Guess you missed the sarcasm smiley. Judging by the PMs I have received there were others who did as well.

Or is the above simply some backpedalling.

Unfortunately my connection doesn't allow me access to smileys, but I know they are there...

There are times when the pen can be mightier than the sword, and where well-considered words are worth the actions of a thousand people. 

In the fullness of time, you will come to understand this, Max.  Perhaps rather than telling everybody why they will never know much of the F-35 program (which, BTW, really is not the way the Goverment wants to be seen on this issue) you could have helped inform, vice try to impress others with how much you are may be authorized to know.  I would hope that you are good at what you do, but there is a line between confidence and arrogance.  As you develop personally and professionally, you will better know where that line lies.  Good luck with that.

HB_Pencil, thank you very much for taking the time to help me and others develop a better understanding of the capabilities and intricacies of the F-35.  :salute:

Regards
G2G

Yes, but "internexperts"TM have opinions on everything!  No logic, competence, or experience required.  :nod:

Journeyman said:
Yes, but "internexperts"TM have opinions on everything!  No logic, competence, or experience required.  :nod:

You are so correct. I am amazed once again. ;) Ah its Tuesday at the Armouries!!

Journeyman said:

But they did stay a wifi equipped Holiday Inn  8)

Danjanou said:
But they did stay a wifi equipped Holiday Inn Express  8)
Corrected.  Because a normal Holiday Inn doesn't give you the smarts and brainpower that a Holiday Inn Express does.

BAH!

All of you have moved away from the core of this thread and back to debating the F-35 and it's costs....

HERE is what we SHOULD be discussing:

http://142.179.170.230/avro/

While there's no project updates in quite a while, they have the structure listed as "approved" as of February 2011...

Somehow I don't see the specs on this one fitting the bill.... ::)

http://142.179.170.230/avro/wiki/Arrow2Specifications

:sarcasm:

RDJP said:
Somehow I don't see the specs on this one fitting the bill.... ::)

http://142.179.170.230/avro/wiki/Arrow2Specifications

:sarcasm:
duhhhh!!!! because it is a .6 scale...
all you have to do is multiply by 1.6 and you will get the specs for the actual thing. Factor in a modest 30%  (multiply again by 1.3 or 2.08 total) improvement in performance of the components (powerplant, weight, etc.) over the development period and you end up with a pretty sweet platform...
;D
:dude:
:rofl:

Back