• Thanks for stopping by. Logging in to a registered account will remove all generic ads. Please reach out with any questions or concerns.

A news article that should be taken more seriously then it ever will be?

chrisf

Army.ca Veteran
Inactive
Reaction score
"The US government, however, is watching the MILF closely."
http://news.bbc.co.uk/2/hi/asia-pacific/3003809.stm

Sounds like another front in WW IV. Perhaps you should post follow ups in that thread?

Yup they could have picked something meaner than MILF but then again maybe they don't have internet and THOSE types of sites  :o

"But Al Haj Murad said that the Americans were really after the MILF." ........a snicker and a chuckle.  ;D

LMAO :D

"And whenever this is raised, the MILF says, oh..."

"The Philippines government has taken a more hardline approach to the MILF."

Island Ryhno said:
Yup they could have picked something meaner than MILF but then again maybe they don't have internet and THOSE types of sites  :o

heh...  ;D

well I first heard about the movement back in the early to mid-nineties, around the time when the MNLF signed a peace pact with the Ramos administration. Way before the OTHER milf came about.

Actually they do have internet access in Mindanao, I was chatting with someone who lives there a few months ago. I wouldn't know if they've heard of the milf site though.

I   wonder if Stifler's mom works for them LOL    they could of at least picked a better name LOL   ;D

All jokes aside, those of us who've been to the Philippines and/or have connections there, can confirm this is a serious, well armed and highly dedicated force, and therefore a serious threat. They also sit on some very strategic territory in SEA. Fortunately the Philippines military are as equally hard corp.

I hardly think they even know what a MILF is... considering english isn't their primary langauge..

I'm sure we have organizations with abbreviated names that are just as funny in other languages.

Mind you, this is good!

So, are the Philipino troops that are fighting them known as MILF Hunters?

CHIMO,  Kat

Trinity said:
I hardly think they even know what a MILF is... considering English isn't their primary language..

I'm sure we have organizations with abbreviated names that are just as funny in other languages.

Mind you, this is good!

Trinity, actually you'd be surprised at the percentage of the 60 million odd Filipinos who are fluent in English. the Philippines is the third largest English Speaking country in the world after the Us and UK.

Most learn it in school and it is a useful lingua franca in a country with some 90 odd dialects.

Kat I have to pass on MILF hunters on to my brother in law, he'll get the joke, and he was one.

spenco said:
Huh? What? I dont get it....   ;D

Moro Islamic Liberation Front  = MILF, which in some circles refers to "Mothers I'd Like (To) ..." ah you're a bright boy you can figure out the rest. 8)

Back