• Thanks for stopping by. Logging in to a registered account will remove all generic ads. Please reach out with any questions or concerns.

A Question about the kit

Canuck_25

Banned
Banned
Inactive
Reaction score
A few questions

When you are issued your kit, is it before or after you are sworn in?

Can your kit be mailed to you? (i live 1500km from the reserve regiment i applied to.)

What does your kit contain?

If the kit contained a DEU, would it be appropriate to wear for lets say a highschool graduation ceremony? (im open to flame)

ya he pretty much said everything but i got my DEU's during BMQ but only because we had a change of command parade

2332Piper said:
And yes, you could wear it to your HS grad (even though you probably won't have them by then) as long as you get permission from the CO (send a request up the CoC).

As a side note to that, permission would likely NOT be granted, as if you're not trained in how to properly wear it, you will present an extremely poor image.

2332Piper said:
It is issued after you are sworn in.

It can't be mailed to you (how do you expect that they size you?) And as a side note, if the unit is 1500km away, and you can't go to get the kit, how are you going to get there to train? (I'm curious, thats all).

As a recruit, it's all the gear you need to do your training (combats, boots, gloves, rucksack, webbing, helmet etc etc).

You don't usually get your DEU's (in the reserve world) until you are QL3 qualified or have a year in, whatever comes first (I'm sketchy on the policy, I'm probably slightly wrong).

And yes, you could wear it to your HS grad (even though you probably won't have them by then) as long as you get permission from the CO (send a request up the CoC).

Ok, well im going to university in the same city where the armoury is located

Through the new reservist clothing online, you can get your DEUs mailed to your home/unit address by ordering them off the internet.  Go to http://www.logistikunicorp.com/

According to a recent CANFORGEN, Reservie NCMs are now officially not entitled to DEU until they've been in one year.  Unless you are applying as an officer you will not be able to get DEU, so being able to wear it is a moot point.

The previous policy for DEUs was post-QL3... the idea being that it saves the logistical hassle of issuing DEUs to troops who are going to quit during, or shortly after their training... of course, for some res troops, this was 8 months, for some res troops, this could take up to 3 years... hence the new policy.

So if the CF Reserve accepts you, you'd pick up your cammo, gloves, shirts, pants, boots, tact vest, bullet proof vest etc right?

I was also wondering...what would happen if you were to loose an item and it was completely your fault? You would pay the full price of it? What if it is something minor....like a t-shirt, will you be issued new ones?

Oh yeah I would also assume that all weapons would be locked up in the reserve unit and you'd have to sign it out? Does the same go for ammunition?

Yes you will be issued all of that kit except for the body armour (note: bullet resistant not proof) that is issued as needed; such as going on tour, to the demolition range etc.

When you do lose an item you need to go to the supply and put in a lost report which will then be evaluated to see if you pay for it and how much typically you pay though.

As for weapons, they are locked up until they are needed and you sign them out and ammunition is not signed for.

Troopasaurus said:
ammunition is not signed for.

QM: "You'd better bring me back YOUR brass, OR ELSE! Every round has a serial number on it, and if you try returning a casing you didn't sign out you'll pay, you hear me?"

;D

Redeye said:
According to a recent CANFORGEN, Reservie NCMs are now officially not entitled to DEU until they've been in one year.  Unless you are applying as an officer you will not be able to get DEU, so being able to wear it is a moot point.

Your unit can try to get them for you early for such things as Remembrance Day and Canada Day.

what if you do your MOC Training INF, come back in September Post summer, still have to wait one year?

In Montreal, res pers is not able to get DEUs from our regional clothing shop until after one year, even if they complete QL3.

Naralis said:
In Montreal, res pers is not able to get DEUs from our regional clothing shop until after one year, even if they complete QL3.

A recent CANFORGEN changed the policy, again.

As it stands now, pers with either one year in or their QL3 is entitled to DEU, whichever comes first is now entitled.

:dontpanic:

Synthos said:
May I ask what items are DEU?
Here is a page that may answer your question:

http://forums.army.ca/forums/index.php?action=search2

Just put    DEU   into the box and hit Search.  Sorry it didn't show up with the Results that I originally found.  Glitch with the way the system works.

Back