• Thanks for stopping by. Logging in to a registered account will remove all generic ads. Please reach out with any questions or concerns.

A Question About the RMC Grounds

• Thread starter Thread starter Christopher
  • Start date Start date
C

Christopher

This isn't quite an army question, but....

I've been living in Kingston for a few years now, and I always run a route around RMC.

Across the Lasalle Causeway, onto the island.
Right, onto Valour (where the Memorial Arch is)
Right, passing by Fort Suave.
Along the 'lakewall'.
Up the hill by the Sawyer Building Mods (General Crerar, I think), and right on Precision.
Out of RMC, and left on the highway - to back where I started.

My question is; how far do you think this route is? I've tried MapQuest, and it doesn't seem very accurate. I've also already checked the RMC site as well. Do any cadets, or anyone familiar with the grounds know the approximate distance for this route? I always see people running it.

Any help would be appreciated, and thanks in advance for your help.

If you go in the Gym they have the running routes around RMC with distances pinned up on the wall

The Cadets used to start their mile and a half at (what were PMQs) near the memorial Arch the would then runĀ  pretty much your route in reverse, around the point and stop about 300 m short of the arch...

Add Fort Henry to the Run

I could be wrong but I think that if you start at the bottom of Ft Henry hill and run up towards the fort, through the PMQ's and out at the Vimy side then run down Hwy 15 to the bottom of the hill - that should be about 5 Km.

Back