• Thanks for stopping by. Logging in to a registered account will remove all generic ads. Please reach out with any questions or concerns.

Abandoned guns 105 mm

Status
Not open for further replies.

downhillslide

Inactive
Reaction score
This AM I saw two guns on a flat bed near Grand Bay Westfield, off of highway 7 just sitting there, no 18 wheeler and no sentry WTF is that all about? I plan on calling a few folks who may know who they belong to. Shocked me to no end.

Sounds like the road party from South Bound Trooper/Maritime Raider.

Well it shouldn't matter as the breaches would be travelling in a different vehicle/packet.

PITA when they contract a shipping co to shunt gear around for us....
Not that long ago that a shipping co misplaced a couple of M113 with TUA kits.
They were found fairly quickly but..... M113s !!!

You should have called 911 and claimed that you felt your life and civil liberties were in danger. That would have got those lonely guns some company pretty quick  ;D

Downhill, check your PM folder (other means)
no BS, I need to know more about this incident

daftandbarmy said:
You should have called 911 and claimed that you felt your life and civil liberties were in danger. That would have got those lonely guns some company pretty quick  ;D

hahaha that would be pretty funny to do, cop's would be all over that in matter of seconds.

Tag.

You know, this could possibly out do the GGFG incident...

You do know the road party from such exercises usually does not have any sentries with them.

IMHO you guys are making a mountain out of a mole hill.

So we can just walk away from our kit? Experience dictates that somebody must stay with ( even if it means hours with out food, we are soldiers. Breach taken out, does not make it any better. One word. COLOURS.

You beat me to it. The guns are our colours and I am not prepared to see them face the possibility of being stolen, damaged or defiled because of someone's negligence. I am sure the person or persons responsible are prepared to offer a reasonable explanation to CLS.

I'm willing to venture a guess that the guns where being moved by a contracted hauler and not a Svc Bn nor obvioulsy a Arty Regt. Although most on this board understand the historical signifance of the guns and most understand the security issues with them, I'd be willing to guess that the truckers contracted to move them just treated them like cargo. :rage:
I've seen this happen numerous times with Reserve vehicles and equiptment. Including an entire Recce Sqns Iltis allotment being left in London while being moved to Meaford for a bde ex when the trucker had to switch with another crew due to MTO driving limits.

Besides all that, why were they sitting in WestField?
Gagetown or even the Armouries in Saint  John are not that far away

Its unlikely the truckers know the significance of these guns being our colours, but they damned well know it is a weapon system.

No this is not making a mountain out of a mole hill, it is about looking after something properly so it doesn't get frigged with.

A lot of guns have been moved around without VMO in the last while, so it is quite possible that if someone did frig with it the tampering might not be caught in a pre-fire check that normally would happen by the receiving unit (but sometimes doesn't happen because  a proper VMO isn't being done)

In addition to that,  there's the very real possibility of vandalism and theft of very hard to come by components.

In ending my participation in this, as I started it. I have contacted two people who would want to look into it. I am sure there could be much to say to keep this topic alive, however it would be meaningless. The important things have been said. Security, COLOURS, and we even mention professionalism if you look closely. So if any mod wishes to lock it up,please do. :salute:

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back