• Thanks for stopping by. Logging in to a registered account will remove all generic ads. Please reach out with any questions or concerns.

Able to put application on hold?

Rikes

Inactive
Reaction score
I submitted an online application and got an email back about two days later telling me to email an address supplied to set up a meeting and to bring an updated trancsript within 30 days. Problem is i was expecting it to be a much longer process and my most updated transcript won't be ready for atleast 30 days and i also don't currently meet the minimum PT assessment requirements. So i'm wondering if i can come back to this same application down the road when i am 100% ready or would i have to wait for my online application to expire after 90 days and start over. The reason i started the application so early was because all the information i found on these forums led me to believe the application process takes a long long long time and that nothing happens fast. Sorry if this was posted the wrong way or in the wrong place

It will still probably take a while. I was told it's average a year. I got a call right away as well but I'm coming up on 11 months now and still waiting for information to get processed. I also didn't have one of my school transcripts right away. You just go in and meet with them and tell them the transcript isn't available for however long and they just inform you to bring it in as soon as possible. Also transcripts shouldn't take that long....

As for putting your application on hold I have no idea if that's possible. It seems more likely they would just let it expire and have you do it again. They are too busy to keep watch over a file for someone who isn't fully prepared.

Rikes said:
I submitted an online application and got an email back about two days later telling me to email an address supplied to set up a meeting and to bring an updated trancsript within 30 days. Problem is i was expecting it to be a much longer process and my most updated transcript won't be ready for atleast 30 days and i also don't currently meet the minimum PT assessment requirements. So i'm wondering if i can come back to this same application down the road when i am 100% ready or would i have to wait for my online application to expire after 90 days and start over. The reason i started the application so early was because all the information i found on these forums led me to believe the application process takes a long long long time and that nothing happens fast. Sorry if this was posted the wrong way or in the wrong place

The first appointment is for testing ONLY.  After that, you are back to waiting.  If you feel you are ready to write those tests, then take the appointment and go from there.  They normally won't put your application "on hold" unless it is for outstanding documentation, they normally just close it.  It's not a critical issue either way as you can ask to have your file re-opened or just submit a new online application which has the same effect.

As far as the transcripts are concerned, take with you, whatever you currently have available and explain that you will provide a more current version shortly.  Physical fitness is not tested, unless you are applying for the Reserve Force.

Thanks for the info guys ill definitely be responding to the email now then. The reason the transcript is going to take so long is because I'm about to finish an elective I never got around to finishing to have my high school completed. so I can go into the process with at least high school graduate status I don't want to be treated incompetent over not finishing high school so I thought itd be in my best interest to show up with a completed transcript over a transcript with 29 credits. Wouldnt want to go through this long process to not be offered a job over the lack of 1 credit.

Back