• Thanks for stopping by. Logging in to a registered account will remove all generic ads. Please reach out with any questions or concerns.

Accept offer or no

James17

Inactive
Reaction score
So I was merit listed on June 23rd and didn't expect an offer as quick as I have received one. Received the call for my first choice (avionics system technician) last week and they want a decision by Monday.... My dilemma is I've booked a trip for myself and fiancé and I'm roughly $5600 into this trip already which is scheduled for half way through bmq. Thoughts and opinions? Happened so fast, extremely unprepared.

Youll have to weigh the options. Squandering 5600 denaros sounds like a bad go, not to mention all the time Im sure you`ll be spending in the dog house for bailing on the old lady ;D ;D.

Make a decision, your lifelong career or a trip. You can always call and cancel your trip, Im sure you will pay a fee, but to me is a no brainer. Cancel the trip and plan another once you are on leave from the CF. Your life though

First of all, repost this in the recruiting section to get more insight. Right now you are in recruits only . you are only going to get inputs from other applicants.

Can you get any of your money back?

Can you get put on another basic?

What trade?

runormal said:
First of all, repost this in the recruiting section to get more insight. Right now you are in recruits only . you are only going to get inputs from other applicants.

Can you get any of your money back?

Can you get put on another basic?

What trade?

It's a bad timing situation. Non refundable trip booked it for both my fiancé and myself. I currently own a business and would be short on time to find someone to run it for me. The trade is avionics systems technician.

Going to call and ask the recruiter if I could be put on a later bmq course.

I would definitely see about moving your BMQ dates.  I am sure if you explained your situation to your recruiter, it shouldn't be a problem.

Back