• Thanks for stopping by. Logging in to a registered account will remove all generic ads. Please reach out with any questions or concerns.

Aditional Info. on Lt. Col. Chater

• Thread starter Thread starter McIntosh
  • Start date Start date
M

McIntosh

I have been able to obtain additional info. on Lt. Col. Hartley Ernest Chater as a follow-up to my query.

He joined the Royal Canadian Horse Artillery in 1919. He was made W01 in 1938 and became RSM of the RCHA.

In 1940 he was commisioned into the Royal Canadian Army Ordinance Corps. He was a Bomb disposal officer in London . In 1944 he was in Holland as Ordinance Supply Officer, and was at Amsterdam during the attack on the Hague. He was awarded his MSM in 1955.

I have my fingers crossed.

Dear Sir,

I only just became aware of this forum and do not know if you are still actively checking this account.  Lt. Col. Hartley Chater was my great grandfather and I recently aqcuired a great deal of information about his service record along with photos and news clippings when I was taking care of my grandmother's estate. Evelyn Chater Williams was the youngest daughter of Hartley and Blanche (my great grandparents on my father's side).

Please contact me with any information you may have on his war medals and with regard to any information I might be able to assist you with in filling in his life history. 

Thank you,
Brandie Lavoie

Back