• Thanks for stopping by. Logging in to a registered account will remove all generic ads. Please reach out with any questions or concerns.

AEC Aircrew Selection

biggs said:
Glad to hear you passed.  If your mom was drilled you on that stuff when you were in grade school, I'll bet you weren't thanking her for it at the time.  :D

They surely had been beta testing it for a while since we did it 2 1/2 years ago, and we probably weren't the first.  The point of using it for AEC candidates is so they don't have so many people failing in phase training, which I've heard was upwards of 50% for that trade before they had the selection.  It'll be interesting to see if having the test cuts down on that.

You bet, looking back on it I think I only hated it like half the time....but in the moment I probably didn't enjoy much of it at all.

I also heard something about them tweaking the training.  I know for a fact that VFR, IFR and Weapons are separated much sooner than they used to be.  I heard (which may or may not be true) that they have tried to break it more into sections, so instead of flunking the whole course, students can just re-do the part they failed.

Either way it still will be extremely hard and it is a long way down the road for me. (hopefully)

I am interested to know considering the changes made to the AEC selection process at Trenton if this induces any effect/change on the pilot testing portion done at ASC. Does anyone know if the simulator portion is still the only test that evaluates your suitability for the pilot trade, or is there computer based testing that counts towards your total score, and determines in part whether you pass ASC?

Hi all.

First off what a great recource these forums are.  I have really enjoyed reading them and appreciate all you members that take the time to share your knowledge with us.  Thank you.

I have gone through my interview/medical etc. for pilot and have made it to point where I am now waiting to hear when I will be scheduled for ASC.  I found an older post regarding the simulators and the instrument layout, but was curious if it is still the same.  The post mentioned that the panel was a C-172 panel.  Is that still the case?  Haven't been able to find anything else on it as yet.

I've got the gist of ASC, crosscheck, relax, follow instructions, and that prior flying experience doesn't necessarily help at all.  Would be good to know what the panel layout is though out of curiosity.  It's been a very long road for me to get here.  Applied when I was 18 years old for pilot, only to find out I got sunk by a minor vision issue.  Pretty crushing considering it was all I had ever wanted to do.  Went on to become a biologist.  That was 22 years ago and now I've come full circle.  Yup, I'm 40 (just turned) and am still rarin to go!  Not going to put all my eggs in this basket, but I'm ecstatic to have finally progressed to ASC and if that's where it ends then so be it, but I want to make sure I do as much research and get as much info as I can.

Funny, I have a bunch of Navy folks to thank for this.  I got to talking to them here in Victoria and they informed me about the changes in the eye sight standards and that age wasn't really a factor, and here I am.  ;D

At any rate, thanks to those that post on here and thanks for any information you provide.  Maybe I'll see some of you around sometime.

Glad to hear you're finally getting to Aircrew Selection.....but you've posted in the wrong thread. This one is for AEC Aircrew Selection, not Pilot Aircrew Selection.

Good Luck

Hi all I just wanted to let everyone know that I got my my offer for ROTP as an AEC! Thanks for all the answers I got through this forum!

AEC said:
Hi all I just wanted to let everyone know that I got my my offer for ROTP as an AEC! Thanks for all the answers I got through this forum!

Congrats! But your previous posts suggest that you applied for NCM?

matthew1786 said:
Congrats! But your previous posts suggest that you applied for NCM?

in 2010. We are in 2012.

It helps if you check dates.

Back