• Thanks for stopping by. Logging in to a registered account will remove all generic ads. Please reach out with any questions or concerns.

After Basic Training

JacJac

Inactive
Reaction score
Hello, I am interested in joining the Canadian Army but am unsure what happens after basic training. Will I be deployed? Thank you very much for your help.

He was being sarcastic. No, you will not be deployed right after basic training. There are several other courses you will have to be successful on in order to be employed in a "deployable" position. There are numerous threads on this and it is trade specific.

We are not in the business of taking barely trained recruits and kicking them out the door to "the front".

But....but....it was done with such a straight face...... ;D

CDN Aviator said:
Thanks for rating me out...... >:D

Hey I just saw someone going into their pre-employment interview and at their local CFRC and saying with a straight face that are expecting to be deployed 15 weeks after getting sworn-in. :)

JacJac said:
So what are the other courses after basic training?

It depends on your element/trade. Use the search function above and all your questions will be answered. Suffice to say, if you are enrolled, if you are successful on BMQ/BMOQ and the various other courses, you probably aren't going anywhere soon.

jeffb said:
Hey I just saw someone going into their per-employment interview and at their local CFRC and saying with a straight face that are expecting to be deployed 15 weeks after getting sworn-in. :)

I would have way too much fun working at a CFRC............ >:D

jeffb said:
It depends on your element/trade. Use the search function above and all your questions will be answered. Suffice to say, if you are enrolled, if you are successful on BMQ/BMOQ and the various other courses, you probably aren't going anywhere soon.
Then where would I go?

JacJac said:
I'm trying, either nothing's showing up or I have inadequate searching skills.

Start by deciding what trades you are interested in........then maybe we can help you. Everything after basic depends on the trade.

Clear ?

CDN Aviator said:
Start by deciding what trades you are interested in........then maybe we can help you. Everything after basic depends on the trade.

Clear ?
Infantry soldier. I'm sure it's a pretty popular trade.

JacJac said:
Infantry soldier. I'm sure it's a pretty popular trade.

It is also full.

Training after basic is either at Valcartier, Wainwright or Meaford, depending on which regiment you are recruited for.

This is for the Regular force of course. Reserve force is a bit different.

CDN Aviator said:
It is also full.

Training after basic is either at Valcartier, Wainwright or Meaford, depending on which regiment you are recruited for.
I never knew trades could be full. Will it ever have an opening? And how do I know which trades are full?

JacJac said:
I never knew trades could be full. Will it ever have an opening? And how do I know which trades are full?

Clear a few hours out of your day, put on clean, presentable clothes, and visit your local Recruiting Centre.  They will be able to answer lots of questions for you including what is open.

Back