• Thanks for stopping by. Logging in to a registered account will remove all generic ads. Please reach out with any questions or concerns.

Air Canada Passenger Left On Her Flight

Except in that story Air Canada accepted the fact there was a communication error between the staff, and they have video evidence that proves it was between 10-15 minutes. 

Which I can see how it happened though, the flight attendants leave with the intention of getting a chair for her, but they get sidetracked.  I think she got a good deal, ticket refunded and $500.  But now she wants more!

These quotes are too much.
“Scariest time of my life”

“I was traumatized”

“She’s the only mom I have and if something were to happen to her, that’s a hard loss,” she said.

Fuck right off. 

CanadianTire said:
I flew to London with a bad head cold and took some medication prior to boarding. I missed the entire flight, and I was only awake for the landing because my wife woke me up.

Flying from Vancouver to Winnipeg for a brigade ex, I was asleep before the pre-flight announcements were done and I only woke up when the wheels hit the ground. The flight attendants never tried to wake me at any point. So it is possible...but most people would likely wake up when the wheels hit. Unless the pilot was that good....

As for the rest of it...I'd be trying to get ahold of someone at the airport, not my friend.

See I had a similar thing happen...but I was woken up. On a flight from Winnipeg to Ottawa one time I was extremely tired. I fell asleep before the plane took off. When I woke up there was 2 flight attendants standing right in front of me staring at me, it seemed like they were poking me to wake me up. The entire plane was empty and disembarked but I was still sleeping. So the sleep part is possible but I can't see how the flight attendant wouldn't wake you, a person is pretty easy to notice in a chair on a plane.

"Following this incident, we undertook to review our protocols with respect to on-board service. This involves reinforcing our procedures by more specifically designating responsibilities among crew members to ensure consistent and proper care and handling of all customers, especially those with special needs."

Sounds like a good idea.

Exactly. And I'm certain had I not woken up when the wheels hit at least one flight attendant surely would have tried to wake me, and probably successfully.

K1tesurf said:
See I had a similar thing happen...but I was woken up. On a flight from Winnipeg to Ottawa one time I was extremely tired. I fell asleep before the plane took off. When I woke up there was 2 flight attendants standing right in front of me staring at me, it seemed like they were poking me to wake me up. The entire plane was empty and disembarked but I was still sleeping. So the sleep part is possible but I can't see how the flight attendant wouldn't wake you, a person is pretty easy to notice in a chair on a plane.

Back