• Thanks for stopping by. Logging in to a registered account will remove all generic ads. Please reach out with any questions or concerns.

Air Force’s botched integration of women in special ops ignites firestorm of controversy

dimsum

Army.ca Myth
Mentor
Reaction score
Oof. Not good.

The Air Force Special Operations Command’s handling of news that a female special warfare candidate received preferential treatment in the training pipeline has sparked a fierce backlash and proven accurate the warnings of a 2016 report that called for transparency in the military’s integration of women into special operations forces.

Oof. Not good.

Demi Moore being sent in to sort 'em out ;)

Demi Moore Movie GIF

(Deleted, Wrong thread)

2nd edit, right thread:

Her valuable insight [...] as a woman earned her unique opportunities as well.

“Facts did not support the letter’s claims of gender-based preferential treatment,”
A contradiction in terms, is it not? If being a woman earning her unique opportunities is not the very definition of gender-based preferential treatment, I don't know what is.

Last edited:
(Deleted, Wrong thread)

2nd edit, right thread:

A contradiction in terms, is it not? If being a woman earning her unique opportunities is not the very definition of gender-based preferential treatment, I don't know what is.
Not really. There is a requirement for women in that role (and other)s, due to low vis aspects supporting JSOC.

However it is fairly unlikely to ever be selected again if one withdraws. That issue is more likely one that seems even fishier too me, especially if she was returned over other female potential candidates.

Back