• Thanks for stopping by. Logging in to a registered account will remove all generic ads. Please reach out with any questions or concerns.

Air Force bases

MilEME09 said:
I have heard rumors circulating around facebook that Hanger 14 at Uplands is being brought back into the fold for military use. Any one hear any details?

Wasn’t it still being used by CFSU(O) MSE?

No idea, but I heard AETE and possibly others are moving there summer 2021

SupersonicMax said:
Where did you hear this?

Couple different RCAF facebook groups, particularly Canadian military aircraft ,one was discussing Uplands and this was brought up. Not a reliable source, I know many more people on here are in the know, this I am checking on here.

We are opening a detachment in Ottawa this summer.  We have people there now and people moving from the US to Ottawa this summer with test pilots and flight test engineers moving from Cold Lake to Ottawa.  This will be in temporary installations for now.  Once Hangar 14 renovations are over, we will move our instrumentations folks and our laboratory to Ottawa. In any case, we are not bringing our Tutors and Hornets to Ottawa.  We have agreements with other organizations (Transport Canada and RCAF units) to conduct our Force Generation activities.

SupersonicMax said:
We are opening a detachment in Ottawa this summer.  We have people there now and people moving from the US to Ottawa this summer with test pilots and flight test engineers moving from Cold Lake to Ottawa.  This will be in temporary installations for now.  Once Hangar 14 renovations are over, we will move our instrumentations folks and our laboratory to Ottawa. In any case, we are not bringing our Tutors and Hornets to Ottawa.  We have agreements with other organizations (Transport Canada and RCAF units) to conduct our Force Generation activities.

https://www.simcoereformer.ca/news/local-news/aete-must-move-to-make-room-for-new-fighters-says-commanding-officer/wcm/bc12ac3b-04a4-4d22-8c87-6283d0bb9fd8

Related article

Back