• Thanks for stopping by. Logging in to a registered account will remove all generic ads. Please reach out with any questions or concerns.

Aircrew Selection/ACS (Merged)

Hello,

Thank you for giving for giving this info, I’m 6 ft 2 and I think my femur might be a problem, is the option to do enjjpt on the t 38 talon might be a possibility ?

Thanks
Jo

By way of an update, the extra medical (such as it was) was done via video conferencing and they will do the biometric stuff at a later date once shes up in Kingston.  Bottom line is my daughter was offered a Pilot Officer spot, which she has accepted.  So for now she's sitting in South Carolina wondering when she will have to show up at St Jean and how we will deal with the 14 day quarantine requirements when the time comes.  I guess there are many people in the same position waiting for the call to go as the Forces decide how to deal with Covid.  Anyway, all's well that ends well,  the kid done good, and good luck to her in the many steps to come!
ik1970 said:
Thanks, Well the PPL thing has taken care of itself as the USAF JROTC has cancelled due to Covid. 
We are still wondering if the Canadian Forces are proceeding with aircrew medicals under the circumstances.  Not getting any response to email enquiries from the OUTCAN team, but its possible I suppose that they really dont know what the situation is likely to be at the end of May when she is scheduled.  My greencard application is going nowhere fast under the lockdown, so the whole area of travel is a nightmare between that and the quarantine requirements, so Im hoping the medical can be postponed.

First of all, Congrats to you daughter ! Getting a pilot slot in rcaf is a lifetime success.
I just had a town hall with cmr saint jean, we got the info that preps might come in mid august in order to do a longer First year orientation program because they will not have done any military training so we will need time to adapt them to military life. They also said that all officers cadet will be in quarantined in the college for 2 weeks and that the rooms will most likely be 1 or 2 instead of 3. If there is no cases of covid 19  for upcoming weeks , cmr will start to run as normal.

Have a good summer,
jo

Hi to all,

I want to prepare for my Aircrew Selection test that would be in a few months (march 2021). I don't have a date yet but I want to be ready. Its my second time taking the test and I don't want to fail. I train on CBAT and Lumosity 1h30 every day. If you have any advice, please provide.

Thank you so much.

Hey Junker,
I also had to take it twice to pass. And I also used Lumosity (those raindrops amirite) plus other apps for mental maths, as well as some gaming cuz they told me I was low on spatial stuff. You’re doing all the work to keep sharp — now all you need is strategy for relaxing when you’re there. I brought luxury stuff for the hotel room / anything to relax the night before, and I ensured to really “reset” every time I walked out of the test sections. You’ve already done it, so you know what to expect. Being accurate is better than being fast, so relax and concentrate. Then rinse & repeat. You got this.
TLDR, remember to relax.

Hey Junker,
I also had to take it twice to pass. And I also used Lumosity (those raindrops amirite) plus other apps for mental maths, as well as some gaming cuz they told me I was low on spatial stuff. You’re doing all the work to keep sharp — now all you need is strategy for relaxing when you’re there. I brought luxury stuff for the hotel room / anything to relax the night before, and I ensured to really “reset” every time I walked out of the test sections. You’ve already done it, so you know what to expect. Being accurate is better than being fast, so relax and concentrate. Then rinse & repeat. You got this.
TLDR, remember to relax.
Thank you very much for the advice and confirmation. Very appreciated!

I came back from Aircrew Selections for Pilot on Feb 2, thankfully passed this time after failing my first attempt in Jan 2019! I'm done the medical/interview, all I have left is the CFEME medical done in Toronto. Any Pilot applicants here done that recently? I'm in Ontario only a 30 minute drive from DRDC Toronto.

I came back from Aircrew Selections for Pilot on Feb 2, thankfully passed this time after failing my first attempt in Jan 2019! I'm done the medical/interview, all I have left is the CFEME medical done in Toronto. Any Pilot applicants here done that recently? I'm in Ontario only a 30 minute drive from DRDC Toronto.
Welcome to 10 year mandatory service and at least 3 years in the training system. If you applied as DEO.

Guaranteed employment for at least 13 years! Sure, not a problem for me.
Well, contract is 13 years as DEO as well, 17 years if ROTP (separate from mandatory service). So up to 17 years guaranteed employment yes, and locked in.

There is also a pilot pay update. Not sure if it will hit this April, but the 1st 10 levels supposedly are GSO pay, then the next 10 levels go up somewhere to 184k/year (vs the current 126k). So you make less vs the current pilot pay, and you recuperate in the last 10 years.

It will take 10 years to make as much as it used to be in only 4 years. This will have a compounding effect each year which will be recuperated after 18 years of being captain to reach break-even point. It makes sense since in the first 10 years you will be locked in and there is no retention problem.

Last edited:
Hi,

1- I wanted to know if any body has details on how aircrew selection tests dates are given. I am an ROTP-pilot applicant and it is my second attempt for this test. I had a call a few weeks ago asking me what dates i was available to go to trenton, but I did not get further information. I follow tightly my file, but I am still a little bit scared of not having a date this year.

2- I wanted to know if any Quebec applicants for an aircrew trade in ROTP has gone for Aircrew Selection testing yet. If yes, please comment here and PM me if you have time.

Thank you and have a nice week.

Hi to all,

I want to prepare for my Aircrew Selection test that would be in a few months (march 2021). I don't have a date yet but I want to be ready. Its my second time taking the test and I don't want to fail. I train on CBAT and Lumosity 1h30 every day. If you have any advice, please provide.

Thank you so much.
Hi junker2122! Did you go to Air crew selection yet? I go next month and I'm wondering if you could spare any specifics. Do I have to do complicated math in my head? What should I expect? How can I prepare? Any help would be appreciated! Thanks!

Hey AlitheAce! Could you share any specifics of what I can expect at ACS?? Do I have to do complicated math in my head? What should I expect? How can I prepare? Any help would be appreciated! Thanks!

Hello everyone! I am preparing For ACS, and I was wondering if you passed for Pilot, how did you prepare scheduling wise, like how did you set aside the time to practice. I got the basics, Lumosity and CBAT. Is there anything else I can do other than these, or does somebody recommend any YouTube content on mental math, or any other resources at all. Also, anyone has general tips when doing ACS? there are hundreds of threads, I am new here, and I'd appreciate a summary on what you guys have learned so far. Thank you so much!

Don't fixate on the lighthouse. Try to look through it, lor else you'll induce oscillations

Hi guys,
I just passed the CFAT, and qualified to choose pilot as my application. My question is, I heard from a person who worked in CAF before saying that RCAF is not really hiring pilots now, especially after covid. And many candidates have to wait for years to be a pilot in RCAF. I am wondering if it is true?

Has anyone else received notice that all pilot applications are being withheld for the fiscal year?

Back