• Thanks for stopping by. Logging in to a registered account will remove all generic ads. Please reach out with any questions or concerns.

Airsoft

ArmyBrat

Inactive
Reaction score
:threat: I was just wondering if any of you army enthusiasts do Airsoft or Paintball in or around the Ottawa area. :salute:

If you don't know what Airsoft is, It's like paint ball just with more realistic guns and with small plastic BBs.

Can you even play? 15 is too young to buy any airsoft guns, or even play with all the clubs.

My dad is posted to NORAD and well I now have a Shotgun to go hunting and a Hunting licence, I was 13 when I got them I have I have played Paintball at the arenas and have bought Airsoft stuff from the major carriers, I use e-bay normally. I didn't know that there was an age to play Airsoft, I thought i could because the fire power is less the 500 Feet per second. If anyone knows what it is could you tell me.I'm shire the rules here are different I started when I was in the states, I lived just a year there and I haven't looked into it here in Ottawa.

Its illegal to sell airsoft guns an parts to minors.   18+ to buy gas an electric powered guns, etc   and some retailers won't sell the cheap springers unless your 21+

What retailers sold you airsoft guns?

At 15 you can't even buy a BB gun or a knife at Canadian Tire, etc

I'm not an expert on gun laws, but I don't think you can even go hunting/use that shotgun without an adult with you.

I got them off of e-bay. The ones in the US were ... Dick's sporting goods.

You got airsoft guns from the US? You got very lucky, if customs searched your package, they would have seized it, you can't import them into the country without the permits/licenses.

ArmyBrat said:
:threat: I was just wondering if any of you army enthusiasts do Airsoft or Paintball in or around the Ottawa area. :salute:

If you don't know what Airsoft is, It's like paint ball just with more realistic guns and with small plastic BBs.

I've never really understood airsoft, some of those things go for more then a real firearm. I've looked at sites about arisoft, and some of what i've seen blows my mind. Well at least they don't take the cheap way out- buying a stolen glock and a g unit hat.

:salute:

I got my dad to bring them in. They were small an M-16 and two small hand guns. It would be to riskey for me.

K, so now it isn't you buying them, its your dad.

Save your money, an don't buy the sh*tty spring guns. Wait till you are 18, an can actually buy airsoft guns and play on all the fields. Also, only buy from Canadian retailers, theres a lot.

check out
www.airsoftcanada.com  Lots of information on the law regarding airsoft, fields to play, info on the sport an weapons, retailers, etc.

To clarify on Hunting I cant legally shoot the shotgun until I'm 16. the License I got lets me go Hunting in the US with anyone over the age of 21 or something like that. Here in Canada you need to be 16 to get your licence and to own a gun you have to be 18+. just on  a side note In Colo. Sprgs. they have a law that is called the make my day law which lets you shoot anyone on your property with fair warning.

Thanks a lot I really appreciate it.
ShawnSmith said:
I've never really understood airsoft, some of those things go for more then a real firearm. I've looked at sites about Airsoft, and some of what I've seen blows my mind. Well at least they don't take the cheap way out- buying a stolen glock and a g unit hat.

:salute:

You should try it, It's pretty fun paintball as well.

I took my Firearms Safety Course just last week so I'm pretty up to date on the regs. Here in NS atleast, you only need to be 12 to go hunting or go to a range as long as you have a lisenced adult (18+) with you and you're using a non-restricted firearm, althoguh some ranges have min ages above 12, most like to encourage young shooters. Paintball and Airsoft equipment isn't sold to any persons under the age of 18, but there is no minimum legal age to use it or requirement of adult supervision.

ArmyBrat said:
just on  a side note In Colo. Sprgs. they have a law that is called the make my day law which lets you shoot anyone on your property with fair warning.

I'm curious - what constitutes 'fair warning'?

ive checked out the Canada airsoft website, doesn't seem like a big sport in Canada.  It looked interesting, but when I checked out all the stores in Canada that sell them, they are only online.  Also, the stores are pathetic, they don't have a checkout system but you have to email telling them what you want, and send a money order or direct bank transfer??  Doesnt sound too big to me.

Airsoft is pretty big in Canada(some areas more so, than others). Some of the larger games bring out 100+ people.

Yea, AFAIK all the retailers are online only, an they usually don't carry a large stock of guns. But you tell the retailer what you want, pay them an there order it from HK for you. Some surplus stores also carry a few airsoft pistols an/or rifles an SMGs aswell as some accesories(mags, BBs, etc)

Just because you don't like the way the retailers work, don't call them pathetic an assume airsoft is small here.

Here's some pics of a large airsoft game in Manitoba.
http://www.pbase.com/axoracing/operation_keystone_strike  The guy wearing the PPCLI t-shirt is  ex 2VP

http://www.pbase.com/axoracing/image/32504959  - they even rented out a helicopter for it

im saying paintball seems much more friendly, i played that.  When i looked at one of the fields (one of then in B.C), they don't even rent out guns, you have to go on the forums and ask someone to bring an extra and rent one from them, pretty akward.

the guns do look pretty sweet,
Classic Army M24 Socom Regular --> http://www.007airsoft.com/products/htm/spring-ca.htm
Tokyo Marui M16 A2  -->  http://www.007airsoft.com/products/htm/aeg-tm.htm

really expensive though, you have to buy all the extras like battery and charger

I'm guessing the field your talking about is Panther Paintball in Surrey? Its a paintball field, the airsoft clubs just rent out parts of it to play. Yea, you do have to ask for a rental on the forums, I don't see a problem with it. I played with BCAC when I lived in BC, good club, members are helpfull to the newer players, help them out, etc.

Back