• Thanks for stopping by. Logging in to a registered account will remove all generic ads. Please reach out with any questions or concerns.

All About RESO (merged)

• Thread starter rolandstrong
  • Start date
My bad, I stand corrected on that one. My experience with the armour is pretty limited. But I do think we should get a cool armoured recce vehicle like the ferret (a newer version obviously). The iltis seems a little bit too UNarmoured for my tastes.

Agreed. The regs get the Coyote while the reserves get the Iltis....hmmm....target practice perhaps. ;)

Hat‘s up with all the Seaforth symbols medic? Are you with the Seaforths now?

Digger,

Sounds like recce makes for an interesting time.

For interests sake, do you guys have a unit website?

And, what is the name of the book and author about the recce patrol/unit in the former Yugoslavia? I hear it‘s a great read and am thinking of picking it up.

There are a couple of good websites.

http://qyrang.org

http://www.bcregiment.com

I‘ve always been with the Seaforths. Not only am I the company medic, I‘m also the company clerk, webmaster, regimental photographer (unofficial), and the secretary of the Junior Ranks Mess. I wouldn‘t be a part of a med coy if you gave me a million dollars.

Humint, take it from someone that did the commute, travelling from KW/ Guelph area to Toronto for weekend Ex‘s is not that bad. While I was at WLU, I would drive back to Toronto (sometimes taking the GO bus) for weekend exercises. The Ranger‘s didn‘t expect me to come in for Parade night during that time, so it wasn‘t that bad.
If you really wanna try out all the combat arms, then I would recommend armoured Recce as the place to go. Dismounted patrolling, long range patrolling, fighting patrols, ambushes, mounted patrolling, calling in Arty fire missions... etc etc The list goes on and on.
Besides, you would get to hang out with fine folks like Digger there. :warstory:

Zoomie and Digger,

Thanks for the info. Why do I get the sneaking suspicion that you guys are a part of a elite QYR recce conspiracy to steal all the new recruits!!?? You guys make a fantastic recruiting team. ;)

And, Zoomie, I also went to WLU -- small world.

True, the drive to TO isn‘t that bad, but I‘m almost all the way through the process with the 11th Field and wouldn‘t want to change now. I‘ve made some excellent contacts there, and they‘ve been very helpful, and I have committed myself to the cause. Plus, I really believe in serving locally, if possible.

Although, I have to admit that recce is very attractive, and is exactly what I always wanted to do in the combat arms.

Just out of curiosity, what‘s the officer sit. like at QYR?

They are always looking for more. Presently we could use a few more Troop Officers.

adam597

I don‘t know the answer to that one right now, but you can give our recruiter a call...he has all the info.

416-203-4620 ex 4615

:D

i called but there was no answer. I also emailed them a week or two ago and got an error message saying that the account didn‘t exist........

Adam,

Best time to try that number is on Wednesday nights.
As for RESO applications... RESO no longer exists as an entry plan for Reserve Officers. Contact your local recruiting centre for more info.

During regular office hours....0900 to 0300 or 0400 try:

416-203-4600 X 4628.

Just a note about the CAP(R) course that is done after BMQ and BOTP it is being run in one 5 or 6 week block as opposed to the old MITCIP way where it would be done in 2 week phases/blocks/whatever. This is OK if your a student but if you work a regular job it makes it difficult/near impossible to get the course completed. It is supposed to return to the old way with 2 week phases/blocks but who knows when that will actually happen. If anyone has heard different please let me know. Thanks

Rob,

Many of the new entry-level reserve courses are designed to be delivered via weekends or in-residence blocks. (I don‘t know with certainty if CAP(R) in particular is so structured.) But, for the past first summer (at least) decisions were made to offer them as block courses.

Hey Brad:

Noticed that you are on the west coast, perhaps they are doing things differently here in LFCA Land with the Reserve courses. I haven‘t received word on courses this summer yet but if it runs like last summer the CAP(R) course will be one continous 5 or 6 week block. Which will make life difficult if you are not a student and can‘t get the time off. I should get my BOTP course done this summer as it is going to be either a 1 week course of classroom lectures on leadership etc.. OR they may offer a take home package that has to be completed by a certain date. I ‘ll keep you all posted on how things go here in Ontario

2Lt. Martin
http://www.26svcbn.com
North Bay, On.

Hey all,
My question goes out to anyone who can answer it. Simply under the current system could I transfer from an infantry unit to arty unit. I don‘t have a degree I‘m in the process of getting it. I had heard that RESO didn‘t exist anymore. Does that mean that there will be no more students/officers??? I know how that new system trains officers, any clarity on the arty officer role in a unit and training would be nice. Any thoughts from arty people?

Hey all,
My question goes out to anyone who can answer it. Simply under the current system could I transfer from an infantry unit to arty unit. I don‘t have a degree I‘m in the process of getting it. I had heard that RESO didn‘t exist anymore. Does that mean that there will be no more students/officers??? I know how that new system trains officers, any clarity on the arty officer role in a unit and training would be nice. Any thoughts from arty people? :fifty:

Back