• Thanks for stopping by. Logging in to a registered account will remove all generic ads. Please reach out with any questions or concerns.

All LFCA summer Driver Courses cancelled?

Vigilant

Inactive
Reaction score
So, anybody else heard that they cancelled all driver wheel courses this summer due to lack of instructors? I foresee a lot of problems later on.

Personally really dissappointed because I spent weeks arranging a month off work, and when I finally got it the course got cancelled. Do you know how much of a dick you look when after rearranging your colleagues' vacation plans you have to go back and tell them that your course got cancelled?

Anybody else got screwed? Anyone going for Dvr Whl this fall?

Some Dvr Wh crses which were to start at the end of June were cancelled (I believe the crse was to end 17 Jul or something). 

If you were told (preferably in writing via Tasking Authority) I would consider putting a redress in.  I know that my unit had 2 individuals who were supposed to go on the Dvr Wh crse but were sort of left high and dry (these individuals also have full time civi jobs).  After the fiasco, LFCA created a Demo Platoon tasking in Meaford and offered employment to those who were left high and dry due to a crse/tasking cancellation....(similar/equal dates to make up for the potential loss of wages)....basically holding you by the jewels and saying "well, sorry your crse got cancelled but here's a shitty job you can take instead....take it or leave it...)

Speak to your CofC....if that doesnt work, appeal your individual case directly to your CO (verbally/or in writing or if all else fails, a redress).

-out.

I was specifically told that ALL of them were cancelled, and that I would have to wait until the fall.

What could I redress? I'm sure the higher ups know how bad it is logistically. It seems to be more a problem with organizing enough instructors rather than students. At least 3 people from my unit were supposed to take it. And there is already a shortage of drivers.

Could you elaborate more on the redress proedure, and if it's actually worthwhile? No point creating paperwork if it doesn't matter.

for some unknow reason, my old sgt.-maj still sends me these e-mails.
last one I read was that they were all canceled, due to lack of instructors.
Greg

Back