• Thanks for stopping by. Logging in to a registered account will remove all generic ads. Please reach out with any questions or concerns.

All Things CAF and Covid/ Covid Vaccine [merged]

I knew him first as a Capt and my Ops O. He'd be a hard man to take down. I know how bad COVID hit me, but that was nothing compared to Kyle's experience.
Covid is a funny thing and not haha funny. I’m immunocompromised - or so I’m told - but have never contracted Covid.

Oh how nice. Our PCO manipulating the facts. Do you think the PCO deserves more or less trust after this? I guess that will depend on where your ideology stands on individual freedoms.

Denying information to the peasants is an eternal characteristic of politics, but it's certainly egregious in an age of information.

Guessing that if he were not, this situation would be loudly declared as an example of consequence for not getting vaccinated.
It was May 2021, so initial vaccine rollout was still ramping up. I caught in around that same time, didn't have anything that bad, but was still down hard with long COVID symptoms for ages (which only started getting better after the vaccine, but still bugging me two years later). Glad he came out of it, even if he has to leave the military.

Somewhat irrelevant at the time as your choice didn't matter if it wasn't available and we were locked down anyway.

To my great surprise, I got asked by the CAF this week if my COVID vaccination was still up to date...

"What year is it?" I wondered. Didn't realize we were still playing in this circus. All the animals have been sent back to the zoo, the crowds have come and gone, the tents are all packed up and ready to go. Yet the clown show carries on.

No one even thinks about this in my daily life.

To my great surprise, I got asked by the CAF this week if my COVID vaccination was still up to date...

"What year is it?" I wondered. Didn't realize we were still playing in this circus. All the animals have been sent back to the zoo, the crowds have come and gone, the tents are all packed up and ready to go. Yet the clown show carries on.

No one even thinks about this in my daily life.

Wild story

It's a joke. I do find their dedication to keep the charade going amusing though.

Sure - tell that to my friends who did and still got Covid. Some are still not 100%.

One of my wife’s friends got hit super hard. Engineer, working succesfully in her field prior to the pandemic. She caught it in the first wave and it kicked the shit out of her, and the resultant long COVID had such severe cognitive impacts that she struggled to do basic math. She’s been off work since. Not my idea of a good time.

I got that shit last February, let's just say it didn't help my already nortoriously bad since I was a kid memory .
It's little things, did I take my meds this morning did I lock the door at work ? That sort of thing .
I now do double and triple checks .
When I get tired it's even worse
It's certainly noticable to me and I only got a mild case ....

I had it and never had a symptom. The only reason I found out is my wife took a test and came up positive so I took one. So I got a free 5 days off from a year long French course.

Just about everyone I know has had it. I don't know anyone with any lingering issues.

My issue with the stats are who/how many died from it and who/how many died with it ?

There is never really "done". Flu stays with us, etc. Some people suffer long-term changes from common cold and flu.

I had it and never had a symptom. The only reason I found out is my wife took a test and came up positive so I took one. So I got a free 5 days off from a year long French course.

Just about everyone I know has had it. I don't know anyone with any lingering issues.

My issue with the stats are who/how many died from it and who/how many died with it ?
I had it twice, barely noticed. Had a small fever one day and a slight cough, that was all.

I don't know anyone either with lingering issues or anyone that's died. I do know two young people that got severe myocarditis from an mRNA vaccine though.

It's 100% been overblown IMO. People need to LIG 😎. My parents have never been the same since the Lockdowns. They are basically afraid of their own shadow now and are full blown hypochondriacs. It's ridiculous.

Sure - tell that to my friends who did and still got Covid. Some are still not 100%.

But I thought the vaccine prevented severe outcomes, did they get their second boosters? Should’ve stayed at home and saYeD sAfE.

One of my wife’s friends got hit super hard. Engineer, working successfully in her field prior to the pandemic. She caught it in the first wave and it kicked the shit out of her, and the resultant long COVID had such severe cognitive impacts that she struggled to do basic math. She’s been off work since. Not my idea of a good time.
I had the same; had to basically stop doing anything for about two months and hard to do a Masters when you can't focus or do basic math; the fatigue and mental fog was brutal. Walking up the stairs was an issue, and would need to sit down for a break to catch my breath. Just really lucky everyone was supportive.

I went to sick parade and they wanted to do some dimentia testing. Fortunately eventually found a doctor with a bit of common sense who kiboshed that and gave some puffers to help with the massive shortness of breath from basic exertion, and then just monitored that things were slowly getting better. I was a bit of a vegetable though until I got the first vaccine though, and then it started to improve.

Still can't make it through a FORCE test due to exercise related breathing restrictions, and still a bit mentally fuzzy at times, but back to about 60% when I was down to below 10% at it's worst. Really sucks though, as there is no real diagnoses, and having a hard time getting the ongoing symptoms treated.

Great that it hasn't been a big deal for some, for others it was life changing, even though we didn't have a 'severe' case requiring hospitalization.

Back