• Thanks for stopping by. Logging in to a registered account will remove all generic ads. Please reach out with any questions or concerns.

Allied Impressions - "Parameters" Article

Infanteer

Staff member
Directing Staff
Donor
Reaction score
It seems that our Military situation (dilemma?) has made it into the US Army War College's quarterly publication "Parameters". 

Col Joseph Nunez measures up our strengths and our shortcomings in "Canada's Global Role: A Strategic Assessment of its Military Power".  Interesting observations on our recent operations.  The concluding remarks may draw a worth discussion, as the Col. states that "The ironic verity is that Ottawa can increase its sovereignty only by working more closely with Washington."

http://carlisle-www.army.mil/usawc/Parameters/04autumn/nunez.pdf

Enjoy the article.

Infanteer

Hey Infanteer

Thanks for posting that.

I read through the entire thing and found it to be very interesting in terms of how we as a nation are regarded by our closest neighbour. A well-written paper that will be of interest to anyone who consideres defense and global strategy as it pertains to this country. I'm glad I took the time to read it.

Slim

Excellent article.   I forwarded it to David McGuinty MP and my MP David Broadbent.

Edit addendum:   I have been thinking about the paper since I read it this morning.   It opens my eyes to how others see Canada.   In the UK, we still think of Canada as having excellent Troops, but as not really having a Military per se.   The "Battle of Mendak Pocket" raised the Canadian Armed Forces profile favorably in UK military circles.   But the Canadian Government did nothing to back up its' Troops.   It seems as if the Canadian Government is determined to kill off the military in this country.   I am new here in Canada, but I wanted to share my thoughts.

Back