• Thanks for stopping by. Logging in to a registered account will remove all generic ads. Please reach out with any questions or concerns.

Almost There!!!!

NewfieNick

Inactive
Reaction score
Hey everyone,
It seems like my time is getting closer every day now before I get a call for BMQ. 1 week ago I arrived at my local recruiting office to take my CFAT and my medical. I passed everything except my hearing and my vision tests. I hve seen a medical doctor about my vision and required corrective lenses, and I have also seen a Audiologist and passed my Audiology exam and am a H2. I sent my papers to the recruitment office and everything is ready to go as they said.
I was speaking with the recruitment office today and they have my file now sent off to Halifax where the board will make a decision and make a offer. The recruitment office said I should hear something by next week regarding my choice as an Armored Soldier. The Recruitment office has stated that if everything is smooth within the next week, they expect me to be sent to BMQ for Nov 5th, 2007. I am pretty excited and am keeping my fingers crossed.
I will keep you all updated as my progress is still ongoing.

Regards,
Nick Prosper

Congratz man, odds are it will go through, but you'll get the last minute notice

WOO HOOO
I got my call. I get sworn in at the end of the month, and I leave November 3rd to start Basic on November 5th. I am very excited and look forward to seeing everyone there on the 5th.

Have a good one!

-Nick

hey congrats, we'll have to meet up when u get here n go for a beer, i'm here till dec 14th.

Quyen said:
hey congrats, we'll have to meet up when u get here n go for a beer, i'm here till dec 14th.

Thanks a lot Quyen!
Sounds great to me, I am always up for a cold one. I didn't think we were allowed to have a beer while at basic though? Or is it after so many weeks...either way we will look each other up! Same for you Graffel, see you there and good luck with the training!

you're not allowed to leave after 3 weeks, but after that you can go off base, and what happens off base....well better stay off base

Lumadue said:
you're not allowed to leave after 3 weeks, but after that you can go off base, and what happens off base....well better stay off base

Thanks for the heads up, sounds good to me!!
I wasnt told things your not allowed to take, are people allowed to have an mp3 player at basic or is that a no no?

you can bring things like a laptop, cell phone, digital camera, mp3 player, but u can only use them on weekends, after your indoctrination which is weeks 0-4. Well everything except the digital camera, they let u use that

Quyen said:
you can bring things like a laptop, cell phone, digital camera, mp3 player, but u can only use them on weekends, after your indoctrination which is weeks 0-4. Well everything except the digital camera, they let u use that

friendly reminder......

It is "YOU"

not "U"

Milnet.ca staff

Come one Aviator, do you know how hard it is to type three letters (you) instead of one (u)?  ;)

Back