• Thanks for stopping by. Logging in to a registered account will remove all generic ads. Please reach out with any questions or concerns.

Already 2years and a half

abbas047

Inactive
Reaction score
Hi i did my exam more then 2years ago and i did my interview 2-3 months ago and i passed everything my interview my exams my medical check up.. But i still dont get a job offer why is that?

There are lots of factors at play. Background checks take a while to complete. Then there is your security clearance, then merit listing, trade selection and once all.of that is complete, if they find you competitive you may get a job offer.  Also depending on the trade you have chosen it may be closed at the moment. Ie not taking any more applicants at the moment.

Have you called your career counselor and asked them these questions? That would be my first go to. Call and ask for an application status update. They will be able to tell you what is going on with your file instead of us speculating your situation.

Hi, im trying to enlist as Sapeur de Combat for more then 2years i did all my exams even did my final interview 2-3 months ago but i still dont get a job offer. Im wondering what is the "normal" time to get a job offer. Thanks for youre help.

abbas047 said:
Im wondering what is the "normal" time to get a job offer.

TIMINGS - ESTIMATED TIMES FOR_______________ 
http://army.ca/forums/threads/81054.0

I replied on your other post. They don't like it when you post the same question in multiple forums. It's sort of a no no here and I think it is mentioned in the sticky.

It all depends on your score for the CFAT, Medical etc. The average now seems to be about a year, year and a half if your are decently competitive. If you are not you could be in for a long wait.

If you have been waiting two years, you should check in to make sure that all of your files are up to date, as they may have been closed.

I think i did well for the CFAT and for medical im in perfect shape. I called like 3weeks ago and i got 3 different responses 1. I got to whait 1-2 more years. 2. Your filed is confidential... 3. He told me to just whait.  Plus they searched me when i was there to do my exam and they even asked me if i had explosifs or guns on me..

Have you lived in another country? If they have told you that you have to wait. Then you have to wait. I'm assuming from your post that you have lived outside if Canada and they are doing your background check. Can take up to two years I've heard 

I know thats its easy to say oh its because of my religion and race but just the fact that its taking so long and that one time i had to whait two months because they "lost" my exam and that they searched me and i asked me if i had bombs on me.. But i really think that my religion and race has something to do with the way they deal with me

abbas047 said:
I think i did well for the CFAT and for medical im in perfect shape. I called like 3weeks ago and i got 3 different responses 1. I got to whait 1-2 more years. 2. Your filed is confidential... 3. He told me to just whait.  Plus they searched me when i was there to do my exam and they even asked me if i had explosifs or guns on me..

I would go with door one then. Usually if an applicant is not likely to be successful they get kinda strung along until they give up. Not saying its right or wrong but it happens.

abbas047 said:
What do you mean? Im born here... Youre telling me im not Canadian?

What did you just say HERE?

abbas047 said:
No im born here but im Lebanese

If you are Lebanese, that means you are not Canadian, no matter where you are born.  It means that you emigrated to Lebanon from Canada, and are now a Lebanese citizen -- NOT Canadian. 

abbas047 said:
I know thats its easy to say oh its because of my religion and race but just the fact that its taking so long and that one time i had to whait two months because they "lost" my exam and that they searched me and i asked me if i had bombs on me.. But i really think that my religion and race has something to do with the way they deal with me

They're not targeting you because of your race.
They make sure to check each person that enters the recruitment centre for weapons or explosives.
As you may or may not know...Being in uniform even in Canada puts a target between your eyes, it's in the CF's best interest to minimize any risks.

They've lost my paperwork, and my friends paperwork plenty of times. It happens, they get recruits every day and it's a firehose down their throats to keep it running.

Also remember one thing! The canadian forces does not owe you a job! So don't just 'expect' to be handed a CADPAT uniform off the bat.
Be patient, because some of my friends had to wait 2-4 years due to constant struggles during their application processes.

And most importantly, don't give up!
If this career is important to you, just wait it out, it's literally the only thing you can do.

Best of wishes!

You got it wrong im born in Canada and i been living here my whole life i got a citizenship of Canada not Lebanon. My origins are Lebanese

abbas047 said:
You got it wrong im born in Canada and i been living here my whole life i got a citizenship of Canada not Lebanon. My origins are Lebanese

That is not what you said though.

Back