• Thanks for stopping by. Logging in to a registered account will remove all generic ads. Please reach out with any questions or concerns.

An updated FN (photos]

Brits,

You must dump that Kev guy and hook up with you I think I'm in love

Britney:
Fair enough. Next time I'll say I don't know.
Thanks for the photo.  ;D Is that a DSA FN? Lovely isn't she? ;)

I dunno about in the new and improved FN, but the old buttstock had a big Jesus Spring in it.  So called for the sound emanating from the newbie who was assured that it was okay to dismantle it: SPROING!! JEEEEZUS!!"

Britney Spears said:
This is the usual folding stock that comes with the FN FAL FOW.

I think I need to go change my pants. 

*cough*

moving on...

I know I'D like to see some clips of her at the range with that thing....

namely a closeup of her torso... slow motion... with the FN on full auto...*jiggle jiggle*  ;D

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------
"I just wish I could shoot mine right now...."

"Can it be fired with the butt folded or is the buffer spring still in the stock?"

- Okay, Colin P, You own one but you DON'T know how it works?

" On the FN FAL and most other piston operated rifles, this buffer spring is located in the receiver on the piston above the bolt carrier, "

- Nope.  Standard FALs including the 90,000 or so C1s/C2s built by C.A.L. in Long Branch ,Ontario, had the springs in the butt.  If you are in the Edmonton area, I can give you an FN C1A1, and the tools to take out the 'Return Spring".  Then, I will duck.

"Some of my specifics might be a bit off as my personal experience with the C1/C2 is limited (well, non-existant, really, I can take it apart but that's about it.). Grumpy old men feel free to correct me."

- Done.

:D

I have vague recollections of an irate Warrant at Gagetown pouring rusty water out my FN C1A1 buttstock after it came to his attention that I was having more than my share of misfeeds at the range that day.

Interesting people irate Warrants.  Amazing vocabularies.......

Yes yes, my mistake. The folding stock versions had the return spring in the receiver, the fixed stocks had them in the butt. In my defence I don't think I have ever seen an actual Canadian FAL (C1), only foreign ones.

Diagram of fixed stock FN FAL

falpartslist1.jpg

TCBF said:
--------------------------------------------------------------------------------
"I just wish I could shoot mine right now...."

"Can it be fired with the butt folded or is the buffer spring still in the stock?"

- Okay, Colin P, You own one but you DON'T know how it works?

" On the FN FAL and most other piston operated rifles, this buffer spring is located in the receiver on the piston above the bolt carrier, "

- Nope.  Standard FALs including the 90,000 or so C1s/C2s built by C.A.L. in Long Branch ,Ontario, had the springs in the butt.  If you are in the Edmonton area, I can give you an FN C1A1, and the tools to take out the 'Return Spring".  Then, I will duck.

"Some of my specifics might be a bit off as my personal experience with the C1/C2 is limited (well, non-existant, really, I can take it apart but that's about it.). Grumpy old men feel free to correct me."

- Done.

:D

Good on you Tom,

Swanny, G-D bless him, would be proud of you,

Jeez, I really need to get out more. I noticed the weapon before I saw the gal. Somebody help me...I got old when I wasn't looking!

" In my defence I don't think I have ever seen an actual Canadian FAL (C1), only foreign ones."

- How "foriegn"?

BigRed had a 12.5" Folder FN in Iraq -- not sure if he has pics...
I hear he would aim off a bit on vehicles from the rear and blind the drivers  ;D

But for sweet 7.62mm loving - KAC's SR25 BattleRifle
DownloadAttach.asp

Back