• Thanks for stopping by. Logging in to a registered account will remove all generic ads. Please reach out with any questions or concerns.

And the waiting game begins!!!!!

Boomer86

Inactive
Reaction score
Well Just thought id let you guys know that after a few weeks of reading and getting my information correct I've applied to the CFRC in Ottawa, as a Naval Communicator and eagerly await news for my testing!!!! Would be nice if i could get BMQ by years end but if it takes longer as it has for many others on this site i might just sit around and play a very cool game called Waiting!

Aaaaaand welcome to the Canadian Forces.  As I've also experienced throughout my application process, patience is very much a needed virtue.  I am starting my BMQ at the end of Sept (finally!) and I know that I'm going to need a whole lot more of it from here on out.  Great that you chose to apply...I hope your experience will not be too frustrating and that everything falls into place for you. Cheers!

Congratulations! Out of curiosity, did you apply to the reserve or regular forces? It will be interesting to compare wait times for the different trades.

Thx guys! Ive applied for Reg Force Navy and My Choice for trade was NAVCOM, I do know that its a trade that is in high demand so it might make the paperwork move a little quicker Hopefully :)

Hey guys i finished my aptitude test, medical and interview all by the end of August. I also applied for Regular Forces, Infantry.
So can any of you guys tell me when i should be expecting a phone call to leave for BMQ?  ???

-Thanks

Kunal22 said:
Hey guys i finished my aptitude test, medical and interview all by the end of August. I also applied for Regular Forces, Infantry.
So can any of you guys tell me when i should be expecting a phone call to leave for BMQ?  ???

-Thanks

There's no 'set' amount of waiting time. It will depend on the Recruiting Center and how long it takes them to process your application. Prepare to 'hurry up and wait' as it goes. There are lots of posts in the forums about it already, but prepare for a few month wait.

Y
Kunal22 said:

-Thanks

A bit longer than Cdn Avaitors reply, but the answer is the same.

Your call depends on the CFRC, their workload, and how you did on the various checks.  Did the CFRC do the Reliability Check before the other parts of the process, or are they just now putting the information to the system.  What other occupations are you asking for, if any?  Last time I checked, there were plenty of Infantry positions available, but the system or the CFRC may decide that they would like to offer you a different job you qualify for, especially if there is a lack of applications for that job.

Well i know that they did a reliaability check already b/c they called my teacher, and she told me.
And im only goin for Infantry.

Oh, chill out, y'all.  I'm sure he didn't mean anything by it.  It's just in the way he wrote it that you assume to take offense.  I presume that the comment meant that the infantry is fairly large so there should likely be many positions available, thus, a BMQ spot should be available sooner. 
I guess I just don't want to endorse any unreasonable assumptions about the intentions behind a post...we have enough heightened aggravation in this site because of misinterpreted words.  Lets stay civil and assume the best intentions from people. 

And now, back to our regularly scheduled program....

Kunal, its all waiting, I finished all my "testing" on Aug 24th, they said they would call within 2-3 weeks, it's almost the end of week 3, and  I wouldn't bet that they are going to call by friday, so I will call sometime next week and find out how my application is doing, I wish I could get on the Oct 6th BMQ. But who knows, it's the government!

Im going Reg force infantry as well, I applied near the end of july and so far have only done my CFAT and Interview, I have preivous expirence and it appears my old med docs are extemely barried. As everyone has stated the enrollment process is pretty long and paitients is deffinately a must. Just keep calling them every so often and ask for an update on your file they'll note down your eagerness and hopefully push you along faster then the other guy showing no interest. Keep us posted this could be a helpfull thread for us playing the "waiting game" its always nice to have some morale...who knows some of us might be going to basic together.

Back