• Thanks for stopping by. Logging in to a registered account will remove all generic ads. Please reach out with any questions or concerns.

Angry Moose gets his Mountie

J

jollyjacktar

Love this.  Only in Canada you say...  ;D

Angry bull moose smacks down RCMP cruiser
CBC News
Posted: Oct 25, 2012 4:44 PM ET
Last Updated: Oct 25, 2012 4:42 PM ET

A RCMP officer in Prince George, B.C., is recovering at home after an angry bull moose stomped out the window of his cruiser before hoofin' it, early Thursday morning.  The incident began as the officer was parked near the edge of downtown Prince George, shortly after 1 a.m. PT, working on a report on his computer in his cruiser, according to Cpl. Craig Douglass.

That's when he saw a male and female moose crossing the street near the intersection of 17th Avenue and Juniper Street in downtown Prince George.  He decided he needed to act when he saw another vehicle heading toward the pair.  "He put his vehicle into drive and attempted to intercept that vehicle to make sure that that driver was aware of these two moose," said Douglass.

That apparently only provoked the bull moose, which charged the police cruiser, running into the front grill and bumper, stomping onto the hood and smashing the windshield on his way onto the roof. Once on the roof the bull moose continued its destruction, stomping and kicking, until one of the animal's hoofs went through the side window, hitting the officer's shoulder, Douglass said.

The moose stepped up on the police cruiser windshield before stomping on the car's roof.The moose stepped up on the police cruiser windshield before stomping on the car's roof. (RCMP)  The moose then continued down the back of the police cruiser, stepping off the trunk before continuing on his way.

"Both the culprit and accomplice departed the area on hoof," said Douglass in a written statement.  "This is not a typical file in Prince George.This is a bizarre incident. This is something we don't come across," he said.  "There are moose on the outside of the city, or even in the city at times, but certainly this far in the middle of it is a little unusual, and we certainly don't have interactions with them quite like this very often — if ever." 
The officer refused medical treatment, insisting his bruised shoulder could be nursed at home.

I can sorta relate.

Inadvertently came between a Bull and a Cow with her calf at the Ingonish Beach Campsite in the CB Highlands.

Fortunately a truck came down the road which caused them all to take off into the woods.

At least I didn't have to hide in the washroom like my unfortunate neighbors who ran into the same Bull earlier in the day.

Was there any witnesses to the assault? Which way are they heading? Did the Emergency Reaction Team get called in? Was there a confirmed kill? Was the moose name Bullwinkle? Did he have a Flying squirrel named Rocky buzzing around? Both are from Frostbite Falls, MN.

They are wanted by the Soviets... Boris and Natasha

Regards Comrade,
Macey

"I simply forgot that it is hard to tell if someone is joking or not on the internet. This is a joke of course."

We are still on the internet... right?
"What a ridiculous fallacy."

ME

Back