• Thanks for stopping by. Logging in to a registered account will remove all generic ads. Please reach out with any questions or concerns.

Announcing the Battle Procedure Aide Memoire for iPhone/iPad

Mike Bobbitt said:
Standby, 1.1 is going through the approval process right now.

I hope so, the hours awake at night hitting the refresh button must end soon!!

Bzzliteyr said:
I hope so, the hours awake at night hitting the refresh button must end soon!!

You can give your refresh finger a rest, it's now available as an update. :)

Love the app, saves me having to bring all kinds of cards home to refresh while on leave. Can't say as I'd use it during a field ex, but for working on orders or as a refresher during downtime this is simply amazing. Thank you for making it available (and free!)

I'd love to see a section on "mission task verbs", if further updates are in the works.

Thanks for the feedback, I'm glad it's of some use.

Ayrsayle said:
I'd love to see a section on "mission task verbs", if further updates are in the works.

Do Remainder of Estimate --> Mission Statement :)

Ah - already ahead of me. I thought I had looked the app over already, but missed this!  Thank you.

Here's a thought: in the reports and return section, maybe a part where you can scribble down notes? 

Good idea. I have already considered a few things along those lines... unfortunately the design I used doesn't lend itself to that sort of thing, but it's not ruled out at this point either. Just means a bit more work and research.

"Gentlemen, Orders"

*insert DS apoplexy as iPhone is pulled out of pocket*

Cool app, definitely has great potential, if for nothing else but a refresher tool. This is straight into my work folder along with my MGRS GPS and Advanced Radiolink calculator.

Hmm. Maybe a new topic with useful apps to have is up.

Beadwindow 7 said:
Cool app, definitely has great potential, if for nothing else but a refresher tool. This is straight into my work folder along with my MGRS GPS and Advanced Radiolink calculator.

You've got 2 apps right there I'd love to have... hope they have Android versions.

Beadwindow 7 said:

http://forums.army.ca/forums/threads/105836/post-1141620/topicseen.html#new

PuckChaser said:
You've got 2 apps right there I'd love to have... hope they have Android versions.

Dunno if they have an android app, but the radio link calculator is awesome

So any chance of anyone making a BlackBerry 10 version of this App?

Honest assessment: no. At least not in any sort of reasonable timeframe. The next platform would be Android, and work hasn't started on that yet. :)

I just headed to the iTunes store for this app and it claims it requires a minimum iOS of 6.0 in order to run (version 2.5).  Is that accurate?  I'm keeping my iPhone 3GS on iOS 5.x on purpose, but I'd still like this app.  Is there a way to download former versions of the app or is there one available that doesn't "require" iOS 6?

FreeFloat said:
I just headed to the iTunes store for this app and it claims it requires a minimum iOS of 6.0 in order to run (version 2.5).  Is that accurate?  I'm keeping my iPhone 3GS on iOS 5.x on purpose, but I'd still like this app.  Is there a way to download former versions of the app or is there one available that doesn't "require" iOS 6?

I may be wrong, Mike will have to confirm, but I believe this is the first and only version that is out there.

I was running it on my iPhone 4 when I was still on iOS 5.0/5.1.

YMMV.

Regards
G2G

My iPhone 4 still is iOS 5.1 and it's on their.  With the latest jailbreak of the 6.1 I have to get around to updating and jailbreaking it so I can finally install the latest version of this app.

The current version does have a listed requirement of iOS 6, as a result of some of the new frameworks I've included in the app. Unfortunately only the most recent version is made available by Apple. You can try browsing to it in the iTunes store on your device, but I suspect it won't show as an option until you're at V6.

I've had this app for a while and find it quite usefull.

Apparently a bunch of my platoon mates discovered it last night and are making it through it features. General thoughts right now can be resumed as: Awesome.

We would like to have included the patrol report in the reports and returns section. I find the navigation of the map symbols a bit tedious, but don't have an easy solution to offer.

Is there a button for "purchase all" that I missed somewhere?

Well done.

Edit: found the patrol report.

Found it useful also, too bad I couldn't have my phone when I did Vimy this past week.

Back