• Thanks for stopping by. Logging in to a registered account will remove all generic ads. Please reach out with any questions or concerns.

Annoyances

Sappo

Inactive
Reaction score
This is proably just me venting for the lack of intelligence on the part of humanity...

Has anyone else noticed the rise in popularity with the kids using the phonetic alphabet to spell things?

I have seen it posted a few times in the past few days, on various forums and sites... spelling out 'Foxtrot Uniform Charlie Kilo'

we can all put that one together...

And just this morning I saw someones MSN nickname had it spelled out as well...

It must be another one of those fads they all latch onto, I find it quite annoying to say the least... It's also amazing to see how quickly something can spread to wide-use when it is deemed 'cool'

Comments?  :threat:

I do believe it was made popular by a Bloodhound Gang song...  ;)

Bloodhound gang? Weren't they popular for about a day, back in the 90's?

Well, yeah, but they recently came out with another single called "Foxtrot Uniform Charlie Kilo"

;)

Whiskey Tango Foxtrot? over.

;)

2332Piper said:
Who cares...over. So they talk like they're on a radio, whoppie dee. I'd be more concerned with the way Ebonics and MSN is slowly destroying the English language as opposed to a few kids using phonetic lettering. Whats the issue?

Finally, the light! Amen to that, I actually once read a story that was written by some girl in my math class and saw the words "lol" and "u" and "yur" in there a few times. I almost felt like ripping it in her face....

Yo foo, what de eff, yall? dont u be hatin.   :threat:

Seriously though, I agree.

Well its not so much the use of the phonetic alphabet that gets to me, as the way people just pick up on things and instantly use them like its been a part of their life since the dawn of time.

I'm sure we all know someone like that, you can understand my frustration with the human race :)

The Bloodhound Gang is a great band, just that one silly song made it to the radio, the rest of their stuff is quite entertaining.

Know what I hate?  When people say lol in real life.  Also gifted kids getting into arguments.

Gifted kids... dont even open that can of worms...

Ive had some of my students email me asking academic questions using MSN-speak.  It makes my head hurt.

I use MSN as my main "communication-device", but I write in proper english, with the exception of a few 'lol's and 'brb's.

Kyle Burrows said:
Also gifted kids getting into arguments.

I had to laugh at that one. I was labeled "gifted" by the HWDSB. I felt like I wasted 5 years of my life sitting in a "gifted class." If anything that class ruined my shreds of intelligence. We argued so very, very much over the smallest of things. I remember 3 students and one of the teachers argued for 3.5 hours over drinking in the classroom.

*sigh*

I really think that we were not "gifted" but our abilities ranged from both extremes of the intelligence spectrum. We were absolutelly brilliant at times, but then we do something so stupid its hard to beleive that anyone would do it. (Flashback: 5 angry gifted kids, pack of 24 pops, principal, school roof entrence unlocked, some good throwing arms. Put the rest together)

Crowe....

you're too special to be true... ahaha..  ;D

Gifted kids... an excuse to group all the over-thinking secretive bed wetters into one room    >:D

Back