• Thanks for stopping by. Logging in to a registered account will remove all generic ads. Please reach out with any questions or concerns.

Annual issue of T4s

I thought BGRS wasn't doing T4s, and all these taxes were deducted from our milpay?  Or do I have my lines crossed?

BGRS does them for relocation as it is separate.  I got this in an e-mail Thursday last week:

"BGRS is pleased to announce that all T4/RL-1 statements for taxation year 2018 will soon be available on the Transferee Secure Website by February 28, 2019. "

Not sure why I got it, my posting was no cost. (Just up the road)

211RadOp said:
BGRS does them for relocation as it is separate.  I got this in an e-mail Thursday last week:

"BGRS is pleased to announce that all T4/RL-1 statements for taxation year 2018 will soon be available on the Transferee Secure Website by February 28, 2019. "

I got it too, even thought I didn't get moved last year.

211RadOp said:

That was under the old system.  I was informed that the DND now issues the T4 and deducts the taxes for moves.  It should be on EMAA.  Perhaps BGRS is just getting the T4 from the DND?

Got another email from BGRS saying the T4 was available from them.  When I logged in, and after some searching, it turns out it is due to the pay increase from 2016 when I got posted which caused an increase in my Posting Allowance.  It was so small I had forgotten about it.

211RadOp said:
Got another email from BGRS saying the T4 was available from them.  When I logged in, and after some searching, it turns out it is due to the pay increase from 2016 when I got posted which caused an increase in my Posting Allowance.  It was so small I had forgotten about it.

Oh wow! $85!

I'm pretty proactive on my taxes, so I did them last night.  I got the email about BGRS T4s today and yep, about $90. 

It's not enough for me to amend my taxes when I get the assessment in the summer.

Dimsum said:
I'm pretty proactive on my taxes, so I did them last night.  I got the email about BGRS T4s today and yep, about $90. 

It's not enough for me to amend my taxes when I get the assessment in the summer.

If the system works correctly (and yes, sometimes it does regardless what people think about CRA), even if you have not included a physical T4 slip from BGRS with your return, it will still be entered on your CRA records since BGRS is required to file it with CRA prior to mailing you your copy.  If it is on record with CRA when they process your return, the amounts will be included in their calculation.  They may mention it on your notice of assessment.  If it arrives after they have processed your return, the additional income "may" trigger an automatic reassessment; if such a reassessment indicates a change in the amount of refund (or amount owning) then the CRA is not hesitant to either ask for what is owed or send out any additional refund.

Netfiled as soon as the system opened on Family Day. Checked an hour later and its showing assessed, with a Feb 28 data. Judging by previous years, that's when I'll get my refund. Figured why let the government get more free interest on my money.

Anyone outside the RCAF who was supposed to have a Box 43 get a T4 without one?  Wondering if this was a common thing this year.  Supposedly 'they are looking into it'...all I know is we've been told to not file taxes yet, pending amended T4s.  Anyone seen their amended one yet?

Eye In The Sky said:
Anyone outside the RCAF who was supposed to have a Box 43 get a T4 without one?  Wondering if this was a common thing this year.  Supposedly 'they are looking into it'...all I know is we've been told to not file taxes yet, pending amended T4s.  Anyone seen their amended one yet?

Yes, I was supposed to have a box 43, and do not. I'm out-of-country and my pay office has given me zero assistance. I take it that it is some kind of system issue? Hoping EMMA auto delivers any amendments, otherwise it's a $700 flight home just to submit taxes

Back