• Thanks for stopping by. Logging in to a registered account will remove all generic ads. Please reach out with any questions or concerns.

Another lesson in being careful about what you say in a public forum

RHFC_piper said:
In my own oppinion, I would personally question any news outlets reporting and researching skills if they resort to publishing unofficial and possibly questionable information from the internet.  Who knows (outside of the forums here) the validity of the member-in-questions eye witness account (I realize the Irony of posting this myself... ), and if it were any other member here, I would still question the validity of the information and research it further before publishing it anywhere public and official... I would even go as far as contacting the individual and requesting permission.
(This is my way of saying; DON'T QUOTE ME ON THIS!)

I've been bit in the arse by the Toronto Star for reprinting my words in their news paper awhile back. Nothing like having the police pay a visit to me on the job with suddle hints of obstruction charges.

We're in the time now where wether or not the information is correct is not the issue to news outlets, but who prints it first. I guess everyone here who's opinion is educated just has to stay on their guard.

22B said:
A lot of people don't know that this is not a genuine DND web site, it just looks like one. 

Really? Sure doesn't look like anything near the official site or anything on the DWAN for that matter.

http://armyapp.forces.gc.ca/Army/forum/default.asp

DND is very aware of this site, but as long as nothing harmful or misleading is posted, they pretty much leave you alone, regardless of the visual simularity.

So now you're the spokesperson for DND and the CF?

Everyone who signs onto this site is made well aware of the fact that this site is "Unofficial site, not associated with DND."

http://forums.army.ca/forums/threads/24937.0.html

Army.ca is an Unofficial Site

Army.ca is in no way connected to DND or the CF. Army.ca does not represent policy of the Canadian Forces in any way, and does not claim to do so. Opinions expressed on these pages are the sole responsibility of the individual posters, who may or may not be members of the Canadian Forces or other military or civilian organisations.

Look at the bottom of your screen. There is yet another disclaimer.

When you post questionable junk, like private contractors etc in foreign places, it just looks bad.  Maybe the wannabees like it, but it makes everything you do here look pretty amaturish.  I'm not saying the mods have to censor anything, but the posts should be looked at in a bigger picture.  Looks cool to the amature, but is it good for the site?  Remember the flame wars  with the journalists not that long ago.  Didn't need to happen, but it did. 

So where were you then? Why didn't you hit the "Report to moderator" button if you objected so strongly?

We can only put out the "fires" as you put it if we find it. We ask the members here, including yourself, to help us keep things on an even keel.

Don't like the site? We're not forcing anyone to stay.

Regards

Back