• Thanks for stopping by. Logging in to a registered account will remove all generic ads. Please reach out with any questions or concerns.

Any 1 CER from the 80?

13C

Inactive
Reaction score
Just found this site and many of the names Truble, Hallock, Wallace, Blencoe, Tedesco, Hillier, Parker, Dunn, David, LaPoint and many others are taking me back to the time that I was a legend in my own mind.... Now its just called denile!

Man, to be back with my brethren once again living large, working and playing hard where a person's word was better than any signed contract a lawyer (liar) could write up!

I've often wondered what ever happened to everyone.

13C said:
Just found this site and many of the names Truble, Hallock, Wallace, Blencoe, Tedesco, Hillier, Parker, Dunn, David, LaPoint and many others are taking me back to the time that I was a legend in my own mind.... Now its just called denile!

Man, to be back with my brethren once again living large, working and playing hard where a person's word was better than any signed contract a lawyer (liar) could write up!

I've often wondered what ever happened to everyone.

Last i hear Blencoe got out.......Hillier is on this site, i think you already responded to him.......

Truble, are you Talking about Danny Trumble ?

CDN Aviator said:
Last i hear Blencoe got out.......Hillier is on this site, i think you already responded to him.......

Truble, are you Talking about Danny Trumble ?

Yes Irv did reply, thanks :) sorry about the typo I meant Trumble, just read a locstat on him nice to know he's still around.

Dunn got out in 85 if it's the Garnet version you're thinking of. Pete David got out in '92, Teddy is out now too IIRC. Wallace got out in '96. He stayed in touch with the unit while in Edm.

CDN Aviator, he's taking about young Hillier's Dad, Irv.

Dunn was a traffic tech in Lahr in 88 when I was posted there, a lot more humble than when he was 2 Tp Clk/11 Fd Sqn blue eyed boy.  Dunno where he went from there.

Damn that's right! I forgot about that.

All the BS he spread certainly caught up to him.

I was talking of the Garnet model, he was on the same TQ 3 as david and myself in 81, as was a bunch of the other brethren. He was "political" even then with his "upper Canada collage" shirts trying to stir things up but that was another time when we were all young and foolish right! ;-)

13C said:
Yes Irv did reply, thanks :) sorry about the typo I meant Trumble, just read a locstat on him nice to know he's still around.

you did?

Hi dad!

now.gif

By the way, when any of you saw Mark Blencowe last - did he still have the 'stache? Could any of you tell me what happened to Earl Butt? Knew them when i was young and foolish ('77-'82). Actually, after seven years as a college instructor here in Poland, I discovered that my monthly salary has finally risen to the gold pot I got at the end of each month as a sapper - it has me feeling nostalgic...

JackD said:
By the way, when any of you saw Mark Blencowe last - did he still have the 'stache?

I think that if I saw Mark without his stache I'd most likely walk right past him! same for Cowboy wallace of Rod Lawson if he had hair!

JackD said:
By the way, when any of you saw Mark Blencowe last - did he still have the 'stache?

Last time i saw him was in 2000 or 2001 and he still very much had the 'stache

that 'stache is famous - not a good sight though on a winter exercise.....

Last I saw of Rex, about 4 years ago, he was still living in the Edmonton area, but was working in Calgary for Wolf Flats explosive decontamination guys, STILL trying to get all the metal out of the Sarcee training area.  As for Earl, about 7 years ago he was the SSM of one of the Field Squadrons in Gagetown.... I believe he got promoted and swallowed up by the training system, but I'm probably wrong on that count.

Hey, Jack, the pay hike must be great!  Not so bad, can't you get a used Lada for about 50 lupins over there?  ;D

lada? Hell, people drive Mercedes and Audis here - i think the money comes from cigarette smuggling... No-one honest truly gets ahead... Earl... rather important lad that.  From my time with him in Cyprus, it was evident he was going to go all the way up..I'll say no more about that - although you can put two words together - an alternative name for a donkey, followed by by the term for the what is left after you remove the soil from a spot of ground. On a lighter note, do you know anything of Kenny Austin or Harry Poile?

Harry is still living in Chilliwack, and is involved with the Retired Sappers Association, go here :  http://members.shaw.ca/hpoile/first.htm  .

Kenny Austin? You mean LENNY Austin?  Haven't heard that name since about 1990, when he left Germany.  I am 5 years out of the loop now, so my info isn't very current.  Check out the link, though, lots of ghosts from the past listed there.

Kat Stevens said:
Kenny Austin? You mean LENNY Austin? 

I worked with Lenny in Petawawa back in 1994 . Thats the last i heard of him

Hi! txs Kat. I'm sure it was Kenny - a blue-noser - sargeant in the 70's-80's  much involved in blowing things up. Quite the character too. Lots of characters back in the 70's - 80's... Hope that tradition continues

He's talking about Sgt. Kenny Austin I think he got out in the mid 80's and then came back as a class b call-out and worked base ops with Terry Hosier in the TAC... had to clean up after Goody and the mess he made of it.

From the sounds of it, history is repeating itself... in the early to mid 80's a lot of the wisdom from within the NCO ranks (Korea vets and post Korea) were reaching retirement and the slightest bit of BS was answered by them with framing their release docs and putting them on the wall by their desks in the troop offices (Scheffo you remember this) and a few of them actually took them out and handed submitted them.

They were called the "30 day PO Frames" and it sound like everyone I knew back in the day when we were all legends in our own minds (yeah what better place!) is thinking the same thing and many are calling out the score "lions 4- sappers 0" and pulling pin from the over-deployments.

I don't know if I'm right but the tune seems to sound the same or very close to the same anyway.

Sapers never die, we just pull pin!

Chimo!

Kat Stevens said:
Harry is still living in Chilliwack, and is involved with the Retired Sappers Association, go here :  http://members.shaw.ca/hpoile/first.htm  .

Kenny Austin? You mean LENNY Austin?  Haven't heard that name since about 1990, when he left Germany.  I am 5 years out of the loop now, so my info isn't very current.  Check out the link, though, lots of ghosts from the past listed there.

Back