• Thanks for stopping by. Logging in to a registered account will remove all generic ads. Please reach out with any questions or concerns.

any 421 still read this string?

gun plumber

Inactive
Reaction score
I'm new to this forum and just want to see if I'm all alone in this world.
A little background(No names,No pack drill!)
I component transfered to the regular force in 2002 after 9 years in a combat arms unit in the reserves and sat at CFSEME PAT for 1.5 years awaiting course(I was one of 300 unqual'd weapons tech-It sucked!!)After grad I was posted to WATC and am loving it!.As of May a new unit stood up on base-CMTC-Canadian menouvor(sp)Training center and I'm telling you,any QL3's reading this,this is the place to come.we see everything!!!From 9mm to leopard we see it.My shop went from 3 people to 12 overnight!!
ju8st trying to see if people are out there.

people are out here!

Sounds like a cool place where is the manoeuvor training center located?

ARTE ET MARTE

In your sister corps here down under (RAEME), and yes a former R421 out of 16 (Sask) Svc Bn Regina (1978-1991)!

Check out our profiles, and my MSN one too, plus this website - go to www.google.com , search for "The L1A1 Armourer" and follow the links.

Arte et Marte
(Twist to Open)   ;D

Wes

Ah its good to see I'm not alone!  ;D
The Canadian menouver training centre is located right here in Camp Wainwright.the first phase is all ready under way with the first ex scedualed in Oct. Just found out today we are 3rd on the priority list!
Not sure about the sister unit,but all EME soldiers no matter what country your in are brothers in arms.
Question-has your duties changed much in a differnt countries army? Are you still considered the "everything else"guy?(coleman stoves,locks,bicycles and hydralic jacks ect)
Arte et Marte

Mate, both the CF and ADF are as stuffed up and confused as each other. The only difference is a different lingo, accents, climate, uniforms, and kit. Other than that, same shyte, different pile   8) .

In my opinnion we are not as PC as the CF, and in a way, its still a man's army here. We still have no females in combat arms trades for starters (no, I am not going on a anti-female rant).

I have many Wainwright memories, and I do remember the Mad Dog Hotel ( it must be gone now?), and the trg areas named after animals.

Its true about the 'brothers', as the RAEME Corps even sports the same motto as   REME, EME, and the now defunct RNZEME).

As for hat badges, they too are almost identical, and the horse and lightining can be seen on the South African, Malaysian, and other former British colonial ( I hate that word) countries.

Ther is more in common than we all think.

Did you check out that website?

Cheers,

Wes

Wes,

Do you know an Aussie Maint O by the name of Rod Fransisco?  I believe that he is a LCol now.  We were at Staff College tgether, and were Rugby mates...

I cant say I know the name, but I'll check out the DRN to see if he is still in and where he is at. RAEME is a very small world, and I'll ask around. Did you know any units he was with, say in the past 10 yrs?

As a LTCOL, he could be at ALTC (Trg Comd), Vic Bks (like NDHQ sort of) or similar place. Either way I am sure he knows MAJ Doug Gammon (Ret), as he was responsible for assessing my CF qualifications back in 94. Everyone knows Doug. He was CFR'd, and was one of RAEME's last serving VN vets. One hell of a good bloke!

Cheers,

Wes

Gun Plumber,  welcome.

Is the Honey Pot still there in Wainwright?  Spent a few evenings there many moons ago.

Hey there Gun Plumber. Its your "bud" from out east.
Just saying hi and seeing how the war goes online.

"T" minus 8 days remaining in Aldershot.

Wesley H. Allen,

I had an aussie on my QL3 Wpns course in Borden in '93. He was a good guy. Wish I could remember his naem though. All I know is he was from British Columbia and ex-Aussie Military.

Hey Captain!
good to see you decided to log on.Scan through the many posts and see if some more of your questions can be awnsered.
Did ya take a look at those CANFORGENs I suggested?Theres alot of reading and some good incentives in there.Give me a call if you got anymore questions.
You must know Brin do you?
Cheers!
Arte et Marte

Wesley H. Allen said:
His name wasn't Drader was it?

No, it wasnt Drader. Wish I could remember. All I know was he was in his mid/late 30's, had a strong accent, and was from a small lodging community in B.C.

gun plumber said:
You must know Brin do you?

Not sure if I know him. Hey Brin, when were ya Maint at 33 Svc Bn? I was there from '92 to '00.

There now; since 2002.  I'm a she  :)  You're in Aldershot now??

brin11 said:
There now; since 2002. I'm a she :) You're in Aldershot now??

Yup, In Aldershot now. Well, until next week, then I am outta there.
I now know who ya are. You and a "special somebody" (your signif. other) are the only two I knew were at the Wpns Sect there. The "boss" being ex-West NS Regt.   He knows me from Aldershot. I remember him being up there last year instructing on the EME Common.
I never met ya, so no, we dont know each other. Just heard of ya.
(My significant other still works in the OR at 33 Svc Bn)

BTW, say hi to Maint for me. I am going to try and get in next Trng night to say later to the Bn.

(BTW, if you are not who I think (Your initials "JS")..disregard the above) :)

Back