• Thanks for stopping by. Logging in to a registered account will remove all generic ads. Please reach out with any questions or concerns.

any navy info for me please?

S

sirux0r

Im on week 3 at bmq and its a pain in the ass.. Will get worse im sure.
Im enrolled for e tech 00125 and not sure what will happen after bmq for me?..
Could I live off base once I get to b.c ? What should I know...? Thanks

I am not your specific trade but yes you can live off Base during QL3. You should know something though-BMQ is pretty straight forward. Don't let it get to you and take nothing personal. Finish up, do your initial trades training-You've picked a good trade with lots of potential for advancement and subsequent empolyment outside the CF.
We all went through what you ARE going through-stick it out.

Pat

I won't speak for your specific trade or school, but most don't allow QL3 trainees to live off base. Notwithstanding, ask your course NCO when you get to Fleet School. Take any advice received here with a grain of salt... we're not the ones with the authority to make a decision on your behalf.

Stacked said:
I was told base standing orders at CFB Esquimalt are that you have to live on base if you are on your QL3/Aren't QL3 Qualified.
I stand corrected - It would appear that this is indeed true for all QL3 courses. That said, most of these courses are not overly lengthy.

Thanks guys! So will it be harder than bmq? And will u have evenings and weekends to youself? Thanks!

Stacked said:
I guess it depends on what you find harder.. Your QL3 will be alot more academic I am sure.
Pretty sure Cooks do their QL3 at Borden - which is around the corner from where I live.

I was told it would be up to my cadre to decide whether I get to go home every night and return every morning but weekends are still a green light though right?

sirux0r said:
And will u have evenings and weekends to youself? Thanks!

Being that you will be out here at CFB Esquimalt, and I am out here, I think I may be able to answer your questions.
Firstly, your best bet is to stay in shacks until you are QL3 qualified. It is easier to focus on your academics when you only have to worry about studying and what the meals hours are. Evenings and weekends will typically be yours, unless you are on duty etc. While you are residing in Nelles Block, you may have up to 3 other people residing with you in your room, so time to yourself could be scarce, but there is lots to do in Esquimalt and Victoria to get away from your "roomies".

Hope this helpsĀ  :)

Back