• Thanks for stopping by. Logging in to a registered account will remove all generic ads. Please reach out with any questions or concerns.

any others start week 0 of BOTP on Oct. 23? anyone else IAP bypass?

• Thread starter Thread starter newaecgirl
  • Start date Start date
N

newaecgirl

Hi:

I am off to St. Jean to do the BOTP, starting with week 0 on Oct. 23.  I am just wondering if anyone else out there is also starting the same time?  I would also love to hear from anyone who has done the whole BOTP only thing.

newaecgirl said:
Hi:

I am off to St. Jean to do the BOTP, starting with week 0 on Oct. 23.  I am just wondering if anyone else out there is also starting the same time?  I would also love to hear from anyone who has done the whole BOTP only thing.
"Week 0" is about the most useless term I have ever heard.  If you mean "First week", well, then, I'm tracking.

What trade?

I am going AEC, How about you?  I say week 0 cause that is what its called, but I agree it is a pretty redundant term.

newaecgirl said:
I am going AEC, How about you?  I say week 0 cause that is what its called, but I agree it is a pretty redundant term.

I don't think VG will be attending BOTP with you  ;D.  Just a guess on my part!

NewAECGirl,

Does your course start 23 Oct 06?

Just curious, my better half is currently in Week 7 of IAP, and their BOTP starts 30 Oct 06. 

Good luck!  Oh....what happened to IAP?  You already did it?  Or had PLQ?

My BOTP starts Oct. 30 as well, so I will be jumping on board with those on IAP now.  I have a Plq from my reserve experience so I am an IAP bypass.

Ahh, thought so.

There is 4 Platoons on IAP now.  They are in the field this week (Week 7) and next week, with IAP grad on Week 9.

What Res unit were you with, not one in Halifax was it? Whoops, just read your profile.  Thought you were someone I knew that went AEC.

My advice is to make sure you are kitted out, and to review your Battle Procedure before you get thrown in the breech. 

And good luck!

MRM

Right now I am with 3 Field Regiment Band in Saint John, NB. 

Hi, I start BMQ on Oct 23rd. I got in as an AVN Tech... I know I'm an NCO, but still, i start training the same day as you

Good Luck Wilsonland!  AVN is a great trade (with spec pay too!)...my mom is one, as well as several of my friends.

Back