• Thanks for stopping by. Logging in to a registered account will remove all generic ads. Please reach out with any questions or concerns.

Any Weapons Techs?

Tpr.Orange

Inactive
Reaction score
Hey all are there any weapons techs on the board?

Im looking for any information you could give me as to what im going to be looking forward to after bmq?

Tpr. Orange,

Just ask away, I‘ve been a weapons tech in the reg force and now in the reserves.

Jill

Hello Jill nice to meet ya...
Im a reservist with the 25 service battalion... and i was just placed in the 25th jsut yesterday and switched off of the GGHG.

What is my work load going to be like and am i going to be stuck pushing papers?
I really want to know what its like on weekend ops? and what i do on parade nights etc..?

Thanks for your help
Zack

Hi Zack,

Sorry its taken me so long to get back to you; too busy these days.

Your work load and ability to perform your trade will depend on what your unit is like and who your shop supervisor(s) happen to be. Some units like to do more hands on trades training while others seem to concentrate on general type training for all. Your supervisor‘s are important as well in that some are more inclined to teach and work hard at providing opportunities for your 4‘s training. If they are hard workers, well trained and confident usually work will circulate through the shop and you will get some of it. Expect to spend lots of time on stoves and lanterns, all part of the trade as well.

Usually on parade nights you can expect to do in-trade work (repair, mods, etc.) and general military duties I‘m sure you‘re familiar with such as vehicle maintenance/inspections, shop cleanup, etc. As you progress through the ranks you will be expected to do more paperwork but not usually as a Pte/Cpl.

On weekend exercises expect to be able to perform your trade in the field in adverse conditions out of the back of a truck. You will also learn MRT (Mobile Repair Team) procedures as to how to go about getting to and from a repair. Usually, with small arms the weapons will come to you rather than you to them. Different story with the artillery though, for example. Other than that, you‘ll have regular exercises as refreshers such as winter warfare, etc.

Again, this is all very general information and I would inquire at your unit for a schedule of training events.

Hope this helps and if you have any other questions I will try to answer them for you.

Hey thats great thanks for the info jill

If i have any more questions ill fire em at ya.

Back