• Thanks for stopping by. Logging in to a registered account will remove all generic ads. Please reach out with any questions or concerns.

Anyone know if more names drawn for April BMQ (REGS)?

putz

Inactive
Reaction score
Well,  has anyone other than Morgs heard anything??

I havent heard anything yet.  But do you know if there's a basic on April 16th, because I heard there was ...but Morgs said his is on the 5th,, there can't be two in one month can there???            (Reg Force)
                                                                                                              CHEERS :salute: :cdn:

Yeah there is one on the 16th.  I don't know how many they run in a month but I think its 2.  I know that they have drawn more names as of yesterday because someone posted that they got the call at 12 yesterday..... so heres to hoping!

Really!??! SWEET.  Ive been under the impression this whole time that for Reg Force they only hold like 5 every fiscal year.  This is great news. Thanks for the info....by the way...have you got the call for april yet?
                                                                                                            CHEERS :salute: :cdn:

My swearing in is April 1st and basic is April 16th for Infantry regs. St.Jean

I talked to my recruiter on Monday and he said that I was slated in for May 17th.  So that is when I will be there, but he said that it is possible that I am may get called out sooner.  Now I just have my mind set on that date. :salute:

putz said:
Yeah there is one on the 16th.   I don't know how many they run in a month but I think its 2.   I know that they have drawn more names as of yesterday because someone posted that they got the call at 12 yesterday..... so heres to hoping!

There are BMQ starting on 5Apr,12Apr and 26Apr.

hey i was just wondering why i would be told the 16th if you said theres only courses April 5th, 12th and 26th...cuz i had my swearing in change from March 23rd to April 1st i hope they dont mess shit up for me cuz im really excited to leave.

I know I'm leaving on April 4th for St Jean, should be exciting!  hope it works out for all you guys

SBale said:
I know I'm leaving on April 4th for St Jean, should be exciting!   hope it works out for all you guys

So I guess you got your message, good luck on your course. I know your staff.

Hey guys i found out the other day that im actually leaving April 10th on a train from Windsor to Montreal well you guys are a huge help and would just like to say thanks for all the support.

Justin

I got my call today start April 12th for Infantry (RCR)! (oh and CONGRATS!)

Congrats Putz and Bojangles!!!

We army.ca recruits should have our own little get together on basic if its at all possible!
Hopefully see you there.

Cheers,
Morgs

putz said:
I got my call today start April 12th for Infantry (RCR)! (oh and CONGRATS!)

Not to bust your bubble,but you got the call to do your BMQ and you are looking at going infantry with the RCR's.
When and (if) you finish the BMQ you will be sent to either PPCLI or RCR battle school (which ever is in higher demand) Then you have to pass the battle school which is a lot harder than BMQ. (they will try to accommodate your choice but the forces have the final say)

The reason I say that you may be told PPCLI or RCR is because I have had recruits that this has happened to them, you can still rebadge later after your first posting if it is available. Although some recruits that I have talked to after have said that they like where they are and stayed in the regiment.

By my previous post I meant that I am going infantry AFTER BMQ just seeing how some people post in short form.
I know just in the excitment I jumped the gun, but I'm really hyped.

I'm just going off of what my recruiting officer told me his exact words were "RCR has offered you a job, I know you wanted PPCLI but...."

So it is still possible to be sent to PPCLI then? 

Well if they already told you that you will be going RCR then I guess that this is where they need the guys. If you want to go PPCLI then you will have to do a rebadge later.

Back