• Thanks for stopping by. Logging in to a registered account will remove all generic ads. Please reach out with any questions or concerns.

Anyone know when is the next EOD Phase II is?

MisterE

Inactive
Reaction score
I have been told that it is supposed to start some time in March, which is as vague as hell. Everyone I asked at Ops says they have no clear date yet, just some time in March. I have been told that my name is at the top of the list to go, but that if the regiment doesn't get a spot I am SOL regardless. I just want to know at what date I should abandon all hope of going.

The last post I have deleted for OPSEC reasons.
Why?
We all know where we learn but we must not mention the Establishment's were we learn,in Canada or whether it is on the on the moon.

CHIMO

Nick

Ok would it be possible to then list the link on where it was published on the internet by the CF http://www.admfincs.forces.gc.ca/dao-doa/8000/8000-1-eng.asp ?

Spr.Earl said:
The last post I have deleted for OPSEC reasons.
Why?
We all know where we learn but we must not mention the Establishment's were we learn,in Canada or whether it is on the on the moon.

CHIMO

Nick

Hmmmmm....I'm not quite sure why something that is readily available across the interweb would be considered OPSEC?

Anyway, the HB date confirmation usually comes out about a month or so prior to the course starting. When I did mine, it still wasn't "confirmed" until about 2 weeks prior, and even then, the accommodations and other associated nauz weren't sorted until about a week prior. I find it hard to believe 4 ESR's ops cell hasn't made the effort to call CF EOD to find out which units have the priority for this course, as well as the course load. When I did mine, I knew I was loaded about a month and a half prior to it starting, even though the official course loading message hadn't yet come out.

Your Tp WO should be able to find out through the Ops chain in short order, although I would hazard to guess that both 1CER and 2CER soldiers would be higher on the priority list due to LFWA and LFCA covering off the next few rotos overseas. That doesn't negate the requirement for 4ESR to have qualified HB guys, but is something to keep in mind.....

I have a feeling that 4 ESR Ops is overloaded at the moment, with regimental courses going on, two field exs, a QL3 course and the end of fiscal they should have their hands full. At the moment I don't even have a Tp WO, the only person up my food chain that would be able to look into it for me is a EME WO. As for the latter part of your post I have a feeling you are quite right, although the course had been promised to me by the RSM and my career manager back in December, I feel they made many many promises a few of which they are not able to keep now. 4 ESR could have a few spots due to the EROC team, but this course was offered to me as a package deal from my career manager; if I take a posting to Cold Lake in range control I will be given HB before I leave the regiment. I have a feeling next December I'm going to be told "Sorry about that, I'll see what I can do for you this time around..." it's situations like this that have had me start looking at other trades.

HETay EXTNay EDDIay #1 OURSECay SIay IDDLEMay PRILAay. Ha ha,  ;)If you can't figure out pig latin?? PM me and I will tell you when the next Operator Course is.

Got some news today, hope has been abandoned. Gonna look for an OT.
Chimo!

MisterE said:
Ok would it be possible to then list the link on where it was published on the internet by the CF http://www.admfincs.forces.gc.ca/dao-doa/8000/8000-1-eng.asp ?
That DOAD is out of date (and not just for still referencing entities within DCDS).  The CF EOD School is not part of CFSEME.  Since that DAOD, the School has been moved under control of different schools twice (up until last summer it reported to CFSAL), and it is now in the process of physically moving to geographically align itself with the most recent organizational change.

MCG said:
That DOAD is out of date (and not just for still referencing entities within DCDS).  The CF EOD School is not part of CFSEME.  Since that DAOD, the School has been moved under control of different schools twice (up until last summer it reported to CFSAL), and it is now in the process of physically moving to geographically align itself with the most recent organizational change.

Last I heard it was supposed to come under the Canadian Forces School of Monstrous Errors.

Bud's, trust me the grass isn't always greener on the other side!!! :-\

MisterE said:
Got some news today, hope has been abandoned. Gonna look for an OT.
Chimo!

Tough news, I knew you were looking forward to it.

Back