• Thanks for stopping by. Logging in to a registered account will remove all generic ads. Please reach out with any questions or concerns.

ANYONE WITNESSING MP TRAINING ACCIDENT (HANDCUFFING INCIDENT)

xmilitary

Inactive
Reaction score
I was injured in an A&RT class in 1990/91 in Borden, Ontario in front of the entire MP class eventually being ordered down to the ground by my instructor after several minutes.

Can someone who witnessed this incident please respond?

I would really appreciate your assistance fellow MP member(s).

xmilitary

That's 20 years ago.

Would anyone remember, especially the details?

Was this a significant incident? If so, there should already be a paper trail, possibly with witnesses statements already there.

Would the Freedom of Info act help you out?

Regards,

OWDU

Thank you for your response and suggestions.

And yes, EVERYONE would remember that incident. 

Unfortunately for me 'all paperwork' is missing despite over 25 witnesses having been there.

Where else would I locate a report of the incident?  Is the instructor compelled to file a report?

And yes, it was over 20 years ago but very relevant today. 

It's hard to say without details of the incident.  Were charges filed?  Did you complete a CF98?  What type of investigation ensued?  What statements were taken from the 25 witnesses?  What written documents did you submit?  Were you admitted to hospital?  Etc, etc.

If no to all of the above, then your Personnel File and Medical File may be your best sources.

Good luck.

Your med docs perhaps?

Did you ever get a case number from the MPs for follow up.

As for the missing paperwork was this a copy of yours that was lost over time? I am sure original docs will be intact, but where?

Perhaps wherever old case files for MPs are archived, and you obviously know the month/year, and doing a query on this info, you might have some luck.

If you remember key names, what about DWAN access to see if these pers are still in the system. If you are out now this would be difficult, and any authorised access through proper assistance would have to be done within the sphere of the law and regulations.

OWDU

Thank you both for your information. 

I did not file any complaint.  I did not complete any paperwork.

My instructor cancelled our training for the rest of the day as a result of that incident.  I do not know if he filed a report.  All I know is I was never consulted or followed up on.

I felt embarrassed about the situation and never said anything more.

Do you think the teacher would have filed a document? 

None of the class was asked to be witnesses as it was clear we were all there and this happened in training. 

The end result is I have an injury and have to do all the investigation alone for the root cause.  The military does not have any records of anything to do with my wrist and/or potential causes of injury.

This is a dilemma for me obviously and that is why I am looking for any classmates to come forward about this.

I have all my documents (requested upon release) and nothing is in any of them. 

Wow, you must have really been taken down hard to still have issues with your wrist after all these years?

Problem is, if you didn't get it checked out at the time and then don't report the incident then, nothing gets documented.

Good luck with your claim.

xmilitary said:
I was injured in an A&RT class in 1990/91 in Borden, Ontario in front of the entire MP class eventually being ordered down to the ground by my instructor after several minutes.

Can someone who witnessed this incident please respond?

I would really appreciate your assistance fellow MP member(s).

xmilitary

Chances are that some of them may still be serving 20 years later. Do you remember any names? Don't post them here if you do, but Facebook may be another way of punching in names and seeing who you can make contact with all these years later.

Shit, I've got friends from elementary school I haven't heard from since the late 70s & early 80s finding me on there. I also managed to find one of the guys from my QL3 course on there once I finally clued in that my QL3 course photo was so old that it had that white area of typing on the bottom of it with all our names all in a row.

Crackbook may be worth a shot. You never know.

Back