• Thanks for stopping by. Logging in to a registered account will remove all generic ads. Please reach out with any questions or concerns.

Applebees Remembrance Day Offer 2010

josh54243

Inactive
Reaction score
Applebees is offering a free signature entree for veterans and active members on Remembrance Day once again!

More info on their site.

We went last year to one here in Winnipeg and were treated with great respect and thanks. I highly recommend this restaurant, and we intend to go again this year.  :salute:

Unfortunately, the closest one to me is in Belleville and I don't plan on driving that far.

A great gesture, though!  :salute:

The restaurant in Barrie was quite busy yesterday. We had a 15 minute wait before they could seat us. I was leery of the special menu that was part of this offer, but the selection was great and the food was super. The host made a point of thanking us for our service . It was an enjoyable addition to Remembrance Day activities and we would be more than happy to stop in again sometime.

Timmie's in Oromocto (I'm not sure of elsewhere) was giving out a free coffee and bagel to anyone in uniform.

JesseWZ said:
Timmie's in Oromocto (I'm not sure of elsewhere) was giving out a free coffee and bagel to anyone in uniform.

In the area I live in Winnipeg, the Timmies I went to on Sunday (I was in DEU 1A) never hesitated to charge me for coffee.

Jim Seggie said:
In the area I live in Winnipeg, the Timmies I went to on Sunday (I was in DEU 1A) never hesitated to charge me for coffee.

This was only for Remembrance Day.

We went to the Applebee's at Lagimodier and Regent East last night. We were very well received by all the staff and patron. The manger came over to thank us (I was in uniform), and I can't count the number of times folks stopped by to shake hands. They're  two for two now, and we're going again next year.

SevenSixTwo said:
Do any other restauraunts have deals today like this?

Starbucks gave me a free coffee yesterday; don't know if it's a chain-wide thing or just the one outlet.

JesseWZ said:
This was only for Remembrance Day.

Strange, they charged everyone in the drive through...and I was in DEU1A like everyone else.

Iron Duke in Kingston bought every Soldier/Sailor/Airman/Airwoman in uniform their first drink yesterday. No advertising of the deal, but word spread quick.

Jim Seggie said:

Military ( in uniform ) should get the same deal as the local Emergency Services, every day of the year. ( As long as they do not abuse it, or become demanding, which someone usually does. )

Topic: "Applebees Remembrance Day offer":
http://forums.milnet.ca/forums/threads/90246/post-889303.html#msg889303

PuckChaser said:
Iron Duke in Kingston bought every Soldier/Sailor/Airman/Airwoman in uniform their first drink yesterday. No advertising of the deal, but word spread quick.

So did the KBC.  :nod:

Back