• Thanks for stopping by. Logging in to a registered account will remove all generic ads. Please reach out with any questions or concerns.

Application - How long does it take? (Merged)

TKs all.

Ya it paid off.  Got my dates yesterday...release from Pres 08 Feb (2 weeks) and Reg Frce 09 Feb. 

RFD CFB Halifax 12 Mar. 

Does anyone know where in Montreal/Ottawa I can get a blue Parkhurt (spelling?) beret with the cloth band?  I was planning on gettin' one from the CANEX in Gagetown on the way thru but...I will be needin' one sooner than that.  Go figure, CANEX is Shearwater doesn't have them....but an Army base does.  :rofl:

;D

Mud, I was told that you can get them at the museum in Kingston.

airmich said:
Mud, I was told that you can get them at the museum in Kingston.

http://www.c-and-e-museum.org/MercuryShop/shopdisplayproducts.asp?id=20&cat=Service+Dress

They do have them at the kit shop of the Museum.

(best Mr Burns voice)

Excellent.

Looks like I am off to Kingston then  :)

Good things do sometimes come to those who wait.

It may have taken three and a half years but...
... I got the call on Friday and my offer finaly came through. ;D

It's been just over 10 months for me, but my pre-assessment is finally complete and I'm ready for enrollment. I'm joining the South Alberta Light Horse Armoured Reserve Unit. w00t!

A LITTLE OVER 2 MONTHS HERE. HANDED PAPERS IN ON 08NOV07 AND WAS SWORN IN ON 11JAN07. :salute:

This is about my girl.

She is a MCpl in the reserves as a medic.  Over a year ago she put in her paper work to go regs as a nursing officer.  She is in the 2yr Nursing BScN program at UofT and doing quite well.  You would think the CF would be jumping all over this.

In the past year they have lost her paper work twice and found it once  ???

They give her call backs and leave a message and say they will call back and never do.  When she calls they can't remember why they called.

I plan on going regs myself after TF3 08 but I hope it goes easier for me.

Anyone else going nursing officer having this problem?

Yea sometimes it seems the guys up there don't know what theyre doing...I know of alot of ppl that should've been in alot sooner....

Exactly 32 days for me. From "Handing" in my application papers (Applied Online) to the start of my BMQ course!

Regular Force, Armoured Soldier (Crewman). Did exceptionally well on the CFAT, Interview went great and Medical was spotless requiring no notes from personal doctors.

Happened VERY quick, but I'm really excited and happy that my Career with the CF is beginning.

From the time I re-applied to get into the Reserves untill the time I was sworn in at 440 sqn was ***Drum Roll Please***32 months! During this time I passed 3 PT tests, 2 yes 2 full medicals and 2 full sets of testing, and the reasons my file was lost twice> Stuff happens, having said that I am currently waiting to go to another federal dept <As a civy> and so far it has taken 9 months from application to where I am today waiting for an offer.  Its all part of life I guess. If you want it you will wait!

Wow, that is a record.  I know I have vented my frustration over my long wait but I don't feel to bad now.  I feel sorry for you and I hope things get sorted out soon.  I am at the CFAT stage of my process right now.  They have to look up my old scores so god knows how long that will take.  I would rather just redo the test to get it out of the way and keep things moving.

It was kinda silly, but again I started that ball rolling in 1997 (Past tenths) and got re enrolled in 2000 and released in 2005 to the sup list, not releasing to the sup list is apparently the cause of many of the problems. Oh Well. And as mentioned moving to this new job in the civy world is challenging, but after waiting nearly 3 years for my last job, one that I actually loved, I am guessing that this new job will be worth the wait!

That is the same issue I am having.  The sup list was suppose to be a way - I thought - that the military would be able to hold on to my file so I could get back in at a future date.  I released and went on the list when I moved to take a job and the town had no local units to transfer to.  Now, I know people who released completely, for similar reasons, and presto their file seems to fly through the process.  If I could do it all over again I would have released and just reapplied.  Of course now that things are almost complete I feel much better about the whole thing and if all goes well I should be loading on to a course this summer.  I hope so anyway as I have made a few hard choices to keep my summer relatively free of other obligations.  It would suck to end up not getting course loaded as I would have to quickly come up with a plan B.  The idea of a summer off, sitting about drinking beer and relaxing appeals to me but in reality I think I would go stir crazy.

The sup list was suppose to be a way...Supp list  ::) BS...I released last Aug, got a call from local unit if I was interested in some class A. Given a number to call in Ottawa; was told I needed an up-todate-medical. Informed the Ottawa based person that I had a complete release medical end June last year(so good to go). Was also told that my qualifications needed to be verified to ensure still good / up to date (WTF!? released less than 6 months ago). Was told I needed an express test done beforehand (no problem, local reserve unit willing to add me to accommodate, don't anticipate a problem with it). Why though, as there are no pt tests requirements now for the average Joe Blow off the street applying to join the military....I'll do my part, Ottawa (hopefully) will do its part...won't lose too much sleep over it

yea WTF is up with the PT test being dropped? isn't that going to waste time when they bring too many ppl to BMQ that will just fail right off the bat?

CaNaDiAn_GhOsT said:
yea WTF is up with the PT test being dropped? isn't that going to waste time when they bring too many ppl to BMQ that will just fail right off the bat?

No.  The PT was not dropped.  Once you get here...read the link below...

http://forums.army.ca/forums/threads/57242.0.html

Back