• Thanks for stopping by. Logging in to a registered account will remove all generic ads. Please reach out with any questions or concerns.

Application - How long does it take? (Merged)

Mike81

Perhaps it is time that you stopped and read the Army.ca Conduct Guidelines that you agreed to when you registered onto this site.

Your problems with the proper use of ENGLISH Grammar have already been mentioned to you.

George
army.ca STAFF

Stjohns said:
That looks it's not just my bad luck..An additional paper from my doctor was send in November 3 and I was thinking it will take 2-4 weeks...It's always a same ( your papers is still in Ottawa)...The problem is that I quit my job and it's no point to get a new one  and I don't know what to do with my apartment(my rent is ends in April) But I am volunteering for a food bank kitchen to get some cooking experience to be prepare for my future job as an Army cook..Still ,waiting is not my strong point :(

As Mike81 "not so eloquently" pointed out, to you Stjohns and to anyone else reading this thread - please don't make drastic life choices / moves based on your belief that you will be in a uniform within a specific timeframe. As was also pointed out in a few areas - the CAF doesn't owe anyone a job. Treat it as if you were applying for a job at your local Sobeys, or radio station. I would love to see everyone who applies who are suitable be given an offer - but it's just not that way.

I stress - don't quit an existing job, don't buy a house. Don't give your employer the proverbial "middle finger" or burn bridges. Wait the 3 weeks, 16 weeks or year and a half - what ever it takes. If you truly want this life, you are willing to wait for it.

Thank you guys for a wise advices ,I just forgot to mention that I had a job offer for a Canadian Navy cook and a date when I suppose to start my training(that why I quit my job..) it was just last minute  think because I have a prescription eyes drops  all my medical need to go back for second approval...:( it is 100%my fault...good I have some savings to live in and my kid is old enough ....The hardest part for me is to stay home I am that kind of person who need a job to be happy...
Excuse my English it is not my first language...

Stjohns said:
Thank you guys for a wise advices ,I just forgot to mention that I had a job offer for a Canadian Navy cook and a date when I suppose to start my training(that why I quit my job..) it was just last minute  think because I have a prescription eyes drops  all my medical need to go back for second approval...:( it is 100%my fault...good I have some savings to live in and my kid is old enough ....The hardest part for me is to stay home I am that kind of person who need a job to be happy...
Excuse my English it is not my first language...

You're not going to get an offer of employment with the CF without the Medical being approved before hand.  If that did happen, then something definitely went wrong!    :facepalm:

I don't mind waiting but local RC closing at 2:30 is just ridiculous. Even the armory's is open till 4:30 and evenings too on parade days

fruitflavor said:
I don't mind waiting but local RC closing at 2:30 is just ridiculous. Even the armory's is open till 4:30 and evenings too on parade days

It's quite possible they close early for PT...

I applied almost two and a half years ago. In that time, I worked, got my Emergency Medical Responder and Primary Care Paramedic certificates (along with a few others), upgraded my license, and applied to school (though I was recruited before they got back to me).

Just keep plugging away, do stuff that'll make your application more valuable, and get in shape. They don't owe you a job and you shouldn't plan your life around the CF, because they certainly won't plan around yours.

fruitflavor said:

They probably close at that time so that they can actually do the paperwork for individuals like yourself without contant interruptions; otherwise files would take that much longer to process.  Think about it. If they see people all day, when are they supposed to do the actual paperwork and processing of the files? Even recruiters have families and a life to get to.

To the OP.

I feel for you. I am a doctor and have been waiting for over 2 years to get back in.

It is ridiculous.

PteFabulous said:
To the OP.

The OP posted on January 05, 2005.

Not sure when s/he was last active.

PteFabulous said:
Whoops! I didn't realize this was so old. Darn tapatalk!

;D

( I wonder if the OP is still in the process? ) < joke.

lol im 2years in for drug consumption  if i get to year 4 i think i will just give up

Hello,

I'm not sure if I'm in a unique situation or not, but I applied online for the forces about four weeks ago. The next day it was accepted for further processing and then I was contacted to email my RC for an appointment.

It's now been two weeks since I sent the email and I called twice left voicemails with no reply yet. Is this normal to not have a response for an appointment yet?

I applied for Military Police and MilitaryFire fighting. Problem is, for MP I read that I need to have a college course completed before I could apply. So I emailed them stating that I could also put infantry soldier on the priority if that will help the process at all.

I havnt heard anything yet, I guess I was just wondering if the MP and maybe, lack of demand for firefighting may have them not answering or if itsit's just normal. Im pretty sure infantry is needed so I wanted to let them know I would take that in a heartbeat too.

I'm 19, passed grade 12 ect. If that helps at all. & I'm sorry if this has been asked I just havnt seen anyone so far in my kind of position not knowing whether it was my choices or if it's normal to not be contacted for an appointment after 2 weeks.

From the Ask a CAF Recruiter Sticky,

I submitted my application. Whats Next?
https://army.ca/forums/threads/118929.0

After submitting your application:

You should receive an email within 5-7 business days after the submission of your online application, giving you further direction on the next steps to take in the application process.

To ensure that you receive correspondence between yourself and Canadian Armed Forces Recruiting the following is recommended:

•  Adding the email address "@forces.gc.ca" to your Safe Senders list in your email account is recommended, as there have been instances where email communications between Recruiting Detachments and applicants are filtered out and end up in the junk/spam mail folder.
•  Check your junk/spam email folder in case Forces emails continue to be filtered out.
•  Check up on the status of your application every 30 days with the Recruiting Detachment processing your application.
•  Ensure that you are checking the email account that you provided on your application.

If you have applied and have not yet received an email within 10 business days of submitting your online application, or if you would like to know the status of your application, it is recommended that you do the following:

•  Visit the link to our Forces site, ( http://www.forces.ca/en/page/contactus-73 ) and submit a status update request for your application.
•  If you know your application number, include it in the email.
•  If you do not know your application number, ensure you include your first name, last name, date of birth and the postal code of your home address. This will ensure that the recruiter who receives your email can locate your application and provide you with a status update.

SteviePete said:
I guess I was just wondering if the MP and maybe, lack of demand for firefighting may have them not answering or if itsit's just normal.

OP: SteviePete

You received a reply from a CAF Recruiter regarding those two jobs,
http://milnet.ca/forums/threads/124386/post-1459805.html#msg1459805

Take special note of:
mariomike said:
        You should receive an email within 5-7 business days after the submission of your online application, giving you further direction on the next steps to take in the application process.

To ensure that you receive correspondence between yourself and Canadian Armed Forces Recruiting the following is recommended:

•  Adding the email address "@forces.gc.ca" to your Safe Senders list in your email account is recommended, as there have been instances where email communications between Recruiting Detachments and applicants are filtered out and end up in the junk/spam mail folder.
•  Check your junk/spam email folder in case Forces emails continue to be filtered out.
•  Check up on the status of your application every 30 days with the Recruiting Detachment processing your application.
•  Ensure that you are checking the email account that you provided on your application.

Application Process Samples 
https://army.ca/forums/threads/13064.0
209 pages.

I just applied on Monday November 14th 2016 for Combat Engineer and today Friday November 18th received an email that my application has been chosen for further processing and to contact my recruiting centre with my name, address and phone number to confirm it is me. It also says my first appointment will be my CFAT and to bring certain documents with me. How long did it take for you for the recruiting centre to call you back from this stage and how long was the process entirely.

JToyts said:
How long did it take for you for the recruiting centre to call you back from this stage and how long was the process entirely.

Application Process Samples 
https://army.ca/forums/threads/13064.0
208 pages.

From a Moderator Sticky,

TIMINGS - ESTIMATED TIMES FOR_______________ 
https://army.ca/forums/threads/81054.0

From Ask a CAF Recruiter Sticky,

I submitted my application. Whats Next?
http://milnet.ca/forums/threads/118929.0.html

After submitting your application:

If you have applied and have not yet received an email within 10 business days of submitting your online application, or if you would like to know the status of your application, it is recommended that you do the following:

•  Visit the link to our Forces site, ( http://www.forces.ca/en/page/contactus-73 ) and submit a status update request for your application.
•  If you know your application number, include it in the email.
•  If you do not know your application number, ensure you include your first name, last name, date of birth and the postal code of your home address. This will ensure that the recruiter who receives your email can locate your application and provide you with a status update.

Back