• Thanks for stopping by. Logging in to a registered account will remove all generic ads. Please reach out with any questions or concerns.

Application Process (Completed-Officers)

AEC@34

Inactive
Reaction score
Excuse me if some of you think this is a repeat thread. I find it difficult to gather info from existing "Application Process Samples" thread because
1. its combined for officers and NCM (i believe processing times are significantly different)
2. Has incomplete info or not been updated hence hard to make estimates of your processing time

I am starting this thread for officer application which are complete (please do not post if you have not received offer). Somebody can start for NCM!

Here is my info!
Recruiting Center: Winnipeg
Regular/Reserve: Regular
Officer/NCM: Officer (DEO)
Trade Choice 1: Pilot later changed to AEC
Trade Choice 2: Bioscience
Trade Choice 3:
Application Date: last week of Sept 2008
First Contact: 20 days after application date
CFAT: Jan 5th, 2009
Medical 1st: Jan 5th, 2009
Initial Medical Final: March 13, 2009
Air Crew Medical Final:April 3rd, 2009
Interview 1st: Jan 5th, 2009
Interview 2nd (Because of trade change to AEC): 3rd week of Jan , 2009
Listed: 1st week of April 09
Verbal Position Offered: April 14, 2009
Sworn in: sometime in july, 2009
BMOQ starts on: August 31st, 2009

I did the paper application in september and was first asked to write CFAT in october but did in January because i had exams at the university. Longest wait has been for the Air Factor clearance from Toronto. I love Canadian Forces, great people. I had some initial medical issues also e.g. one ear had wax so i failed hearing test, few RBC in urine but other reports(from my family Doc) showed no concern.

See you August 31! I'm gonna be on the french platoon though. I know that french and english platoons are coupled together, but I'm curious to know if we'll have common trainings, exercices, etc. Does anyone have the answer to that question?

Here's a link to my application process sample : http://forums.army.ca/forums/threads/13064/post-846218.html#msg846218

Just a comment... if this thread is for officer candidates only, why not change "Officer/NCM" for "Entry Program" (DEO, ROTP, Etc.)? Also, it could be interresting to know in which field of study is (or will be, for ROTP) the candidate's degree (administration, history, science, etc.).

Righton, I am also slated for August 31st, DEO LOG, i have already posted my process sample, but it took forever, and I mean that seriously..lol

Recruiting Center: Sault Ste Marie
Officer/NCM: Officer Cadet (ROTP Civi-U)
Trade Choice 1: Nursing
Trade Choice 2:
Trade Choice 3:
Application Date:  Before Holidays Dec 2008
First Contact: Same day as application drop off
CFAT: Jan 07, 2009
Medical 1st: Feb 06, 2009 (I was travelling for school otherwise med would have been the following Monday)
Air Crew Medical Final: N/A
Interview 1st: Feb 06, 2009
Listed: Feb 10, 2009
Verbal Position Offered: March 12, 2009
Sworn in: July 16th, 2009
BMOQ starts on: August 02nd, 2009 (BMOQ is next may not sure what I am going for this summer)

I guess i copied from the other thread and that's what happens when you copy and paste. Thanks for pointing it out. I don't think i can edit it now.
I will be on english platoon but i am sure we will bump into each other. I bet you are training hard!

Zahoor said:
I bet you are training hard!

Yes, I train very hard! I couldn't imagine my life without it. The main reason behind my hard training isn't the military though : I just enjoy working hard, set goals and then reach them.

Weight lifting 4 times a week 5 am to 7 am, and running 10 kilometers 3 times a week (most of time, 2 months before a marathon, I increase to 20 kilometers). So I'm training everyday!

I'm doing weight lifting since 4 years and running since 12 years.

What is your training like?

Recruiting Center: Vancouver
Officer/NCM: Officer (DEO)
Trade: Nurse
Application Date: October 2008
CFAT: November 2008
Medical: December 2008
Interview/ Screening Process: December 2008
Merit Listed: March 2009
Verbal Position Offered: June 2009
Sworn in: July 2009
BMOQ starts on: August 31st, 2009
Workout Routine: 1.5 hrs x2/week and swimming 1 hr x1/week

Congratulations to everyone, I will see you all soon  :)

AncientWinds said:
What is your training like?

I started two months ago and Army fitness Manual is my bible for now. I am skinny (was 137lbs two months ago and now 145) but looks like one looses weight during basic training so currently i am training hard to put some muscles. This is affecting my cardio. Not too confident at this point about my fitness. Hope it will improve.
Congrats 49_15_N_123_6_W  (very lengthy name BTW)
see ya

Congrats to everyone...I'll see you in August too.

I'm CEOTP AEC.  Can't wait to get out to St. Jean and get going...I'm thinking this will be a long summer....

It a position. According to his nickname, he is somewhere in Vancouver City, near 23rd Avenue and Main Street.

"He" is a "She" ... I'm a girl, according to my profile I am from Vancouver and a 25 year old female. But I don't live on that street. Sometimes Google Map can be incorrect  ;). That position is just a general one for the city of Vancouver.

I am finding it difficult to train while working. Nursing shifts are 12 hours long (4 days or 4 nights on, 4 days off). My profession's workload is causing me to pick up overtime at least once a week due to short staffing, especially since I work at the 2nd largest hospital in Canada. Any chance I can get I am devoting it to working out, hence, alienating friends and family in the process.

I am excited to forge new friendships within the Military community especially since we all share a common interest of serving our country. See you all very soon  :camo:

49_15_N_123_6_W said:
"He" is a "She"

Oups... I should have take a look at your profile :)

49_15_N_123_6_W said:
Nursing shifts are 12 hours long (4 days or 4 nights on, 4 days off). My profession's workload is causing me to pick up overtime at least once a week due to short staffing, especially since I work at the 2nd largest hospital in Canada.

Things are the same here in Quebec City, an hospital is an hospital no matter where you are... I guess the work schedule in the CF as a nurse will be, most of the time, more adapted to a family and social life.

See you!

Recruiting Center: Fredericton
Reserve/Regular:  Regular (DEO)
Trade Choice 1:  Infantry
Trade Choice 2:  Armoured
Application Date: September 24, 2008
First Contact:    September 29, 2008
CFAT:              October 8, 2008
Interview:        October 13, 2008
Medical 1:        October 14, 2008
Merit Listed:      November 8, 2008 (Due to V4 eyesight rating which was overlooked, my file was put on
                                                hold - December 23, 2008)
LASIK Surgery:  January 11, 2009  (3 month waiting period)
Medical 2:        April 11, 2009
Merit Listed:      May 5, 2009

Verbal Position Offered: June 11, 2009

A long process but finally worth it in the end.

newbrunswicker said:
Recruiting Center: Fredericton
Reserve/Regular:  Regular (DEO)
Trade Choice 1:  Infantry
Trade Choice 2:  Armoured
Application Date: September 24, 2008
First Contact:    September 29, 2008
CFAT:              October 8, 2008
Interview:        October 13, 2008
Medical 1:        October 14, 2008
Merit Listed:      November 8, 2008 (Due to V4 eyesight rating which was overlooked, my file was put on
                                                hold - December 23, 2008)
LASIK Surgery:  January 11, 2009  (3 month waiting period)
Medical 2:        April 11, 2009
Merit Listed:      May 5, 2009

Verbal Position Offered: June 11, 2009

A long process but finally worth it in the end.

When is you BMOQ starting? Is the position offered infantry of armoured?

I was accepted for Infantry and training begins September 7th. I'm just waiting for the official call which is supposed to happen tomorrow. After waiting almost nine months I couldn't be happier.

Cheers,

KM

newbrunswicker said:
I was accepted for Infantry

Same for me. I'm really anxious to start my new carreer! Looks like a tough but wonderful job.

newbrunswicker said:
After waiting almost nine months I couldn't be happier.

Yeah... I know what it is... I applied on 2008-04-03, and my BMOQ is starting on 2009-08-30. But I'm pretty sure it's worth the wait!

Good luck and good training until then!

Recruiting Center: CFRC Edmonton Moved to CFRC Ottawa as of May 5, 2009
Regular/Reserves: Regular
Officer/NCM: Officer (ROTP, Civvie-U)
Trade Choice 1: Infantry
Trade Choice 2: Armour
Trade Choice 3: MARS
Application Date: Nov 21, 2008
First Contact: Dec 2, 2008
CFAT: Previously Completed
Medical: Previously Completed, but redone at CFRC Ottawa in May 2009
Interview: Dec 15th, 2008
Merit Listed: Jan 7th, 2009
Job offer: March 4th, 2009
Final Paperwork: July 6, 2009
Sworn in: July 10, 2009

Recruiting Center: CFRC London
Regular/Reserves: Regular
Officer/NCM: Officer (ROTP, Civvie-U CAM)
Trade Choice 1: Pilot
Trade Choice 2:
Trade Choice 3:
Application Date: Dec 12, 2008
First Contact: Dec 16, 2008
CFAT: Jan 7, 2009
Medical: Jan 7, 2009
Interview: Jan 8, 2009
Merit Listed: ?
Job offer: Mar 9, 2009
ASC: Mar 23-27
Final Paperwork: July 16, 2009
Sworn in: July 18, 2009

Recruiting Center: CFRC Fredericton N.B.
Regular/Reserves: regular
Officer/NCM: Officer
Trade Choice 1:Armour
Trade Choice 2:Intelligence
Trade Choice 3:Logistics
Silent 4th (Artillery)
Application Date:March.16, 2009
CFAT: February/2009
Medical: Mar/2009
Interview: Mar/2009
Merit Listed: April/2009
Job Offer: June.5