• Thanks for stopping by. Logging in to a registered account will remove all generic ads. Please reach out with any questions or concerns.

Application Process Samples [ 2019-present]

Recruiting Centre: CFRC Det Winnipeg
Regular/Reserve: Regular
Officer/NCM: OFFICER
Trade Choice 1: HSMO
Trade Choice 2: IntelO (not hiring till april '24)
Trade Choice 3: ACO
Application: March 23, 2022
First Contact: March 30, 2022
CFAT: May 17, 2022
redo CFAT: August 31, 2022
Aircrew Selection: April 24, 2023
Interview/Medical: June 27, 2023
Med Forms Submitted: July 25, 2023
Med Fit: July 25-Oct 24, 2023
Background Check: Oct 27- Nov 29, 2023
Competition List: November 30, 2023
Selected: X
Position Offered: X
Enrolment: X
BMOQ: X
Recruiting Centre: CFRC Winnipeg
Officer/NCM: OFFICER
Trade Choice 1: HSMO (Air Force)
Trade Choice 2: IntelO (not hiring till april '24)
Trade Choice 3:

Application: March 23, 2022
First Contact: March 30, 2022
CFAT: May 17, 2022
redo CFAT: August 31, 2022
Aircrew Selection: April 24, 2023
Interview/Medical: June 27, 2023
Medical Forms Submitted: July 25, 2023
Med Fit: July 25-Oct 24, 2023
Background Check: Oct 27- Nov 29, 2023
Competition List: November 30, 2023
Selected: December 06, 2023
Position Offered: December 11, 2023HSMO (air force)
Enrolment: January 9, 2024
BMOQ: January 15, 2024

Recruiting Centre: Montreal
Officer/NCM: NCM
Trade Choice 1: INFANTRY
Trade Choice 2:
Trade Choice 3: -
Application: some time in July
First Contact:
CFAT: i kept delaying it, Oct 11 2023
Medical 1&2: Nov 6
Interview: Nov 3
Medical Approved: Nov 7
Final Procossing: Nov 8
Competition List: Dec 1
Selected: Dec 5
Position Offered: Dec 12 (shows position offered on portal, still waiting for a call)
Enrollment: na

Here's an update to my Pilot / IntO application.

Recruiting Centre: Vancouver (New Westminster)
Officer/NCM: Officer
Trade Choice 1: Pilot
Trade Choice 2: Intelligence Officer
Trade Choice 3: N/A
Application: August 15 2023
First Contact: August 28 2023
CFAT: September 21 2023 (Successful)
Medical & Interview: October 24 2023
Aircrew Selection: Dec 11/12 (Successful)
Aircrew Medical: Pending
Final Processing: Pending
Competition List: Pending
Selected: Pending
Offered: Pending
Enrollment: Pending
BMOQ: Pending

UPDATE

Recruiting Centre: New Westminster/VANCOUVER
Regular/Reserve: Reserve
Trade Choice 1: Vehicle Tech
Trade Choice 2: Weapons Tech
Trade Choice 3: Combat engineer
Application: March 2023
First Contact: May 2023 (CALLED THEM, WAS TOLD THEY TRIED TO CONTACT ME BUT NEVER FOUND PROOF OF THIS)
CFAT: May 6/2023
FORCE: May 6/2023
Medical: June 2023 - declared med fit Aug 8th after extra papers were required
Interview: June 2023
Final Processing: October 2023
Ready for Competition List: November 9th 2023
Selected: NOV 12/23 - VEHICLE TECH
Offer: WAS EMAILED BY MY RECRUITING CENTER AND TOLD TO COME IN TO ENROLL AS VEH TECH
Enrollment: Nov 29th 2023
BMQ: JAN 6TH 2024

Recruiting Centre: Winnipeg

Trade Choice 1: ACS TECH

Trade Choice 2:

Trade Choice 3: -

Application: Aug 9 2023

First Contact: Aug 13 2023

CFAT: Aug 29 2023

Medical: Oct 16 2023

Interview: Oct 16 2023

Medical Approved:

Final Procossing:

Competition List: Dec 1

Selected: Dec 5

Position Offered: Dec 11

Enrollment: January 18 2024

BMQ: January 24 2024

I was told from my MCC that you can still get offers over the holidays to fill the jan and feb basic spots! I'm currently selected now just waiting for my offer letter next week and then im off to BMQ unless they give me a small time window to gt ready then im going to refuse cause i need more then a week or two to get ready as I dont even own a suitcase cause ive never travelled out of province before haha
Just added to selected yesterday. I have a feeling there will be a call soon. Lots to prepare!

Hello everyone just wanted to share some exciting news with all the wonderful people in this group, I was offered my IST position today! Words can't describe how happy I feel right now! 😀

Here's my latest timeline!

Recruiting Centre: St. John's , NL
Trade Choice 1: ATIS
Trade Choice 2: Information Systems Technician
Trade Choice 3: Signal Technician
Application: July 20th 2023
First Contact: was none till I went directly into the recruiting centre and asked why.
CFAT: Oct 5th, 2023
Medical: Oct 5th, 2023
Medical Forms: submitted Oct 2023, approved but awaiting final approval
Interview: Oct 12th, 2023
Background Check: Nov 22nd 2023
Competition List: Dec 1st 2023
Selected: December 6th 2023
Position Offered: Dec 14th, 2023
Enrollment: February 10th, 2024
BMQ: February 12th, 2024

I spoke too soon! This coming week we have PT scheduled for every day.
And our sergeant works with special forces - he thinks our pod (we have individual bedrooms) needs a pull-up bar. Gawd help me!

I can’t recall exactly but the security clearance took about a month and the competition list was about 2 weeks.
The official offer, in total with the comp. list, took about 3 weeks to arrive in my email. I then had 1 night to accept or reject the offer.
But I’d have to go back a few pages to see my post with the actual dates.

As for Canex, you can only purchase what’s on the approved list. I had to get permission to buy a stuffed bear soldier!
And it’s very expensive: $14 for a single lock and key so only buying the necessities saves money.
We didn’t see any alcohol so had to strip the wax off the officer’s Oxford shoes with hot water but I don’t know if BMQ has to do any polishing. My combat boots and goretex boots don’t require that.

Hope this helps and feel free to ask questions. I’ll try to get on every few days.
Is it normal to receive an offer via email? Or did they call you also ?

Hello everyone just wanted to share some exciting news with all the wonderful people in this group, I was offered my IST position today! Words can't describe how happy I feel right now! 😀

First Contact: was none till I went directly into the recruiting centre and asked why.
How did you receive your offer? Via phone call or another way ?

How did you receive your offer? Via phone call or another way ?
And I'm waiting for a information packet within a email essentially from the same person I spoke with today with the finer details as well, but yeah the phone call will come from and show up as "CFRC"

Lol we ended up getting the same day I got my offer a few days ago

Got offer today. Feb 19th here !
Lol we ended up getting the same day I got my offer a few days ago
Congrats to us all for getting this far and it's so weird how we're all getting close to the same dates but the BMQ start dates in Feb on the CFLRS website vary from the 14th, 21st & 28th haha

I was told I'm leaving on 10th and bmq starts on the 12th lol I hope I get there early so I can buy everything from the canex I need and get that out of the way lol
Screenshot_20231220_052405_Chrome.jpg

Congrats to us all for getting this far and it's so weird how we're all getting close to the same dates but the BMQ start dates in Feb on the CFLRS website vary from the 14th, 21st & 28th haha

I was told I'm leaving on 10th and bmq starts on the 12th lol I hope I get there early so I can buy everything from the canex I need and get that out of the way lol
View attachment 81893
Once you walk into the Mega you will NOT be going to canex to buy things until your entire platoon goes. Canex in the Mega has very specific hours, and they are inside the Mega so not open to the general public (this one is special. Most canex stores allow anyone inside).

The dates feel strange but they are all correct. You leave on the 10th but your course starts the 12th. Everyone from your course should arrive between the 10th and 12th depending in their distance travelled. The course officially starts on the 14th, but there will be some admin for the first 2 days.

Once you walk into the Mega you will NOT be going to canex to buy things until your entire platoon goes. Canex in the Mega has very specific hours, and they are inside the Mega so not open to the general public (this one is special. Most canex stores allow anyone inside).

The dates feel strange but they are all correct. You leave on the 10th but your course starts the 12th. Everyone from your course should arrive between the 10th and 12th depending in their distance travelled. The course officially starts on the 14th, but there will be some admin for the first 2 days.
Thanks for clarifying :)

@sarahsmom what's your opinion on ordering from the CANEX online? I'm just wondering if i could save myself any time by doing this or would it be a pointless endeavor? and I should just wait. just trying to be proactive is all.

Back