• Thanks for stopping by. Logging in to a registered account will remove all generic ads. Please reach out with any questions or concerns.

Applying for Part time reserves

patriot

Banned
Banned
Inactive
Reaction score
I am a 55 year old recruit who passed the CFAT 18 years ago. Ten years ago I was instructed to set an appointment for medical. I then applied in the Army. Given that I changed my mind two months ago and applied in the Navy, the recruiter told me that I have to take another exam. In addition he said training would be "3 of 4 consecutive summers" and "one day a week plus one weekend a month from May to September". A perusal of the latest posts indicate this has changed to "16 days of training" if my interpretation was correct. Now I would not hesitate attending the training period of 16 days since I can time my office holidays to these 16 days. How do you set a medical exam? How do you set a physical exam?

In addition I would want the medical team to know that I take prescription drugs for my 'schizophrenia'. I have been on medication for 35 years. I have not run afoul with the law. I can withstand stress in the workplace and I can spar with my taekwondo classmates with complete self control. I believe that one always has to run away from a fight. I have been provoked so many times but I do not react violently. I run away from them. I was influenced by my Sikh taekwondo instructor who got into a fight. All that he did was parry the blows, deliver the paralyzing blow and run. He was my mentor and role model.

I cannot ween out from my medications. I have to take them regularly. Anxiety prevails when I miss them. What are the arrangements into taking my medications while training. Will I be given much needed breaks when I have to take them? I have to take two tablets in the morning. Two at noon. And 3 before bedtime.

To those who will assess my competence, I would like to emphasize that I would be limited mostly to marching drills and the firing range as a part time reserve. I would only be attending once a week and one weekend a month. I am appealing for their understanding and make them believe that I would not be too much of a burden. All I want is to attend marching drills "every Wednesday".

patriot said:
I cannot ween out from my medications. I have to take them regularly. Anxiety prevails when I miss them. What are the arrangements into taking my medications while training. Will I be given much needed breaks when I have to take them? I have to take two tablets in the morning. Two at noon. And 3 before bedtime.

The Depression / Anti Depressants Merged Thread 
http://army.ca/forums/threads/13192.0/nowap.html

So you first applied 18+ years ago and you haven't been given an offer yet? Sorry to say, but you're not going to be accepted.

patriot said:
I am a 55 year old recruit who passed the CFAT 18 years ago. Ten years ago I was instructed to set an appointment for medical. I then applied in the Army. Given that I changed my mind two months ago and applied in the Navy,...

I'm sure that, if those timelines are in fact correct, that you Sir have qualified for the "Longest Recruiting Process in CAF History Award".

As for your medical/mental health issues, I'm thinking that you're going to have some problems with the medical portion, unless standards have changed drastically since I last did a CAF medical a few months back.

MM

Edit for spelling oopee.

medicineman said:
I'm sure that, if those timelines are in fact correct, that you Sir have qualified for the "Longest Recruiting Process in CAF History Award".

MM

Toronto, at least keeps files on a handful of "unique" applicants, those files are several inches thick. 

PMedMoe said:
Smells like troll in here....

There is a reason why this is in Radio Chatter as opposed to the recruiting board.

Hatchet Man said:
There is a reason why this is in Radio Chatter as opposed to the recruiting board.

Yeah, I kind of figured that, thanks.  Guess I should have continued with my intended "Guess that's why it's in Radio Chatter" to avoid any confusion.....

Back